Rosie O'Donnell: President Obama Should Go to 'Oprah' Instead of 'The View'
Outspoken comedienne Rosie O'Donnell has blasted U.S. president Barack Obama's decision to appear on U.S. TV's "The View", insisting the magazine program is too "fluffy" for a world leader. Obama became the first sitting American president to guest on a daytime talk show when the pre-taped interview aired on Thursday, July 29, in which he discussed his family, politics and pop culture with the panel of female presenters, including Whoopi Goldberg and veteran newswoman Barbara Walters.
O'Donnell, a former co-host on "The View", claims the president should have chosen a more reputable program, like "The Oprah Winfrey Show" - but she insists she is pleased for her former colleagues. Speaking on the Sirius XM radio show on Wednesday, July 28, she said, "I have mixed feelings about that (Obama's appearance). I don't really think sitting presidents should go do fluffy daytime TV shows. Maybe an hour on Oprah or something."
"I don't really want to see him on The View, although I'm happy for them (co-hosts). That's a good booking..." O'Donnell quit The View in 2006 after clashing with her fellow panelists.
More Rosie O'Donnell News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked