Zac Efron Launches His Own Production Company With Some Ventures Planned
Former Disney star Zac Efron is moving on from his "High School Musical" roots - the actor has launched his own production company. The 22-year-old heartthrob has partnered with his manager Jason Barret to form Ninjas Runnin' Wild Productions, and has employed Fox network executive Jason Young as head of development and Angie Edgar of Alchemy Production Group as his creative executive.
Efron tells USA Today, "We're looking for stuff that is original, that doesn't necessarily have a brand associated with it. You can make something truly brilliant now and it doesn't have to be a remake." Company executives have already lined up a series of projects with Efron in the starring roles.
The planned ventures include, "Art of the Steal", about an unlikely geeky criminal mastermind; time travel story "Einstein Theory"; action adventure "Fire"; a remake of Swedish thriller "Snabba Cash", and an as-yet-untitled workplace comedy.
More Zac Efron News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story