Zac Efron Launches His Own Production Company With Some Ventures Planned
Former Disney star Zac Efron is moving on from his "High School Musical" roots - the actor has launched his own production company. The 22-year-old heartthrob has partnered with his manager Jason Barret to form Ninjas Runnin' Wild Productions, and has employed Fox network executive Jason Young as head of development and Angie Edgar of Alchemy Production Group as his creative executive.
Efron tells USA Today, "We're looking for stuff that is original, that doesn't necessarily have a brand associated with it. You can make something truly brilliant now and it doesn't have to be a remake." Company executives have already lined up a series of projects with Efron in the starring roles.
The planned ventures include, "Art of the Steal", about an unlikely geeky criminal mastermind; time travel story "Einstein Theory"; action adventure "Fire"; a remake of Swedish thriller "Snabba Cash", and an as-yet-untitled workplace comedy.
More Zac Efron News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3