Zac Efron Launches His Own Production Company With Some Ventures Planned
Former Disney star Zac Efron is moving on from his "High School Musical" roots - the actor has launched his own production company. The 22-year-old heartthrob has partnered with his manager Jason Barret to form Ninjas Runnin' Wild Productions, and has employed Fox network executive Jason Young as head of development and Angie Edgar of Alchemy Production Group as his creative executive.
Efron tells USA Today, "We're looking for stuff that is original, that doesn't necessarily have a brand associated with it. You can make something truly brilliant now and it doesn't have to be a remake." Company executives have already lined up a series of projects with Efron in the starring roles.
The planned ventures include, "Art of the Steal", about an unlikely geeky criminal mastermind; time travel story "Einstein Theory"; action adventure "Fire"; a remake of Swedish thriller "Snabba Cash", and an as-yet-untitled workplace comedy.
More Zac Efron News
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!