Zac Efron Launches His Own Production Company With Some Ventures Planned
Former Disney star Zac Efron is moving on from his "High School Musical" roots - the actor has launched his own production company. The 22-year-old heartthrob has partnered with his manager Jason Barret to form Ninjas Runnin' Wild Productions, and has employed Fox network executive Jason Young as head of development and Angie Edgar of Alchemy Production Group as his creative executive.
Efron tells USA Today, "We're looking for stuff that is original, that doesn't necessarily have a brand associated with it. You can make something truly brilliant now and it doesn't have to be a remake." Company executives have already lined up a series of projects with Efron in the starring roles.
The planned ventures include, "Art of the Steal", about an unlikely geeky criminal mastermind; time travel story "Einstein Theory"; action adventure "Fire"; a remake of Swedish thriller "Snabba Cash", and an as-yet-untitled workplace comedy.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'