'Underworld' Director to Reboot Arnold Schwarzenegger's 'Total Recall'
"Underworld" filmmaker Len Wiseman has been tapped to bring Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Total Recall" to the big screen in a modern remake of the 1990 action classic. Movie studio executives at Columbia Pictures secured the rights to the sci-fi thriller in 2009 and hired "Salt" writer Kurt Wimmer to work on the updated screenplay.
Wiseman has now been approached to direct the blockbuster, which follows a man who believes he's a secret agent and is haunted by a recurring dream about traveling to Mars, according to the Los Angeles Times. An expected release date for the new "Total Recall" has yet to be announced.
Additionally, MTV reported that Wiseman looks forward to "diving even deeper into the type of world [the short story] evokes and the questions it asks. I love that the most crucial mystery our character is trying to solve is the one of his own soul."
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes