'Underworld' Director to Reboot Arnold Schwarzenegger's 'Total Recall'
"Underworld" filmmaker Len Wiseman has been tapped to bring Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Total Recall" to the big screen in a modern remake of the 1990 action classic. Movie studio executives at Columbia Pictures secured the rights to the sci-fi thriller in 2009 and hired "Salt" writer Kurt Wimmer to work on the updated screenplay.
Wiseman has now been approached to direct the blockbuster, which follows a man who believes he's a secret agent and is haunted by a recurring dream about traveling to Mars, according to the Los Angeles Times. An expected release date for the new "Total Recall" has yet to be announced.
Additionally, MTV reported that Wiseman looks forward to "diving even deeper into the type of world [the short story] evokes and the questions it asks. I love that the most crucial mystery our character is trying to solve is the one of his own soul."
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier