'Underworld' Director to Reboot Arnold Schwarzenegger's 'Total Recall'
"Underworld" filmmaker Len Wiseman has been tapped to bring Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Total Recall" to the big screen in a modern remake of the 1990 action classic. Movie studio executives at Columbia Pictures secured the rights to the sci-fi thriller in 2009 and hired "Salt" writer Kurt Wimmer to work on the updated screenplay.
Wiseman has now been approached to direct the blockbuster, which follows a man who believes he's a secret agent and is haunted by a recurring dream about traveling to Mars, according to the Los Angeles Times. An expected release date for the new "Total Recall" has yet to be announced.
Additionally, MTV reported that Wiseman looks forward to "diving even deeper into the type of world [the short story] evokes and the questions it asks. I love that the most crucial mystery our character is trying to solve is the one of his own soul."
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip