'Underworld' Director to Reboot Arnold Schwarzenegger's 'Total Recall'
"Underworld" filmmaker Len Wiseman has been tapped to bring Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Total Recall" to the big screen in a modern remake of the 1990 action classic. Movie studio executives at Columbia Pictures secured the rights to the sci-fi thriller in 2009 and hired "Salt" writer Kurt Wimmer to work on the updated screenplay.
Wiseman has now been approached to direct the blockbuster, which follows a man who believes he's a secret agent and is haunted by a recurring dream about traveling to Mars, according to the Los Angeles Times. An expected release date for the new "Total Recall" has yet to be announced.
Additionally, MTV reported that Wiseman looks forward to "diving even deeper into the type of world [the short story] evokes and the questions it asks. I love that the most crucial mystery our character is trying to solve is the one of his own soul."
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March