'Underworld' Director to Reboot Arnold Schwarzenegger's 'Total Recall'
"Underworld" filmmaker Len Wiseman has been tapped to bring Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Total Recall" to the big screen in a modern remake of the 1990 action classic. Movie studio executives at Columbia Pictures secured the rights to the sci-fi thriller in 2009 and hired "Salt" writer Kurt Wimmer to work on the updated screenplay.
Wiseman has now been approached to direct the blockbuster, which follows a man who believes he's a secret agent and is haunted by a recurring dream about traveling to Mars, according to the Los Angeles Times. An expected release date for the new "Total Recall" has yet to be announced.
Additionally, MTV reported that Wiseman looks forward to "diving even deeper into the type of world [the short story] evokes and the questions it asks. I love that the most crucial mystery our character is trying to solve is the one of his own soul."
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending