Peter Andre's TV Series Accused of Product Placement
Australian pop star Peter Andre is facing an investigation from Britain's broadcasting standards watchdog after a viewer accused him of promoting a hotel and airline on his U.K. reality show, according to reports.
In an episode of his TV series "Peter Andre: The Next Chapter", the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker jets off to a luxury hotel in the United Arab Emirates with his two children. However, a viewer complained to officials at Ofcom, claiming the singer was purposely plugging the vacation destination in Dubai and that his young daughter was advertising the Emirates airline by wearing a replica hostess outfit.
According to Britain's The Sun, the regulatory body is investigating. A rep for the network tells the publication that the references were "not promotional". The U.K. has strict rules about product placement and plugging on TV aside from advertising.
- Comic-Con: Netflix Renews 'Iron Fist for' Season 2
- Bella Thorne Hilariously 'Recreates' Fake Masturbating Video
- Linkin Park Cancels Tour in the Wake of Chester Bennington's Tragic Death
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child