Peter Andre's TV Series Accused of Product Placement
Australian pop star Peter Andre is facing an investigation from Britain's broadcasting standards watchdog after a viewer accused him of promoting a hotel and airline on his U.K. reality show, according to reports.
In an episode of his TV series "Peter Andre: The Next Chapter", the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker jets off to a luxury hotel in the United Arab Emirates with his two children. However, a viewer complained to officials at Ofcom, claiming the singer was purposely plugging the vacation destination in Dubai and that his young daughter was advertising the Emirates airline by wearing a replica hostess outfit.
According to Britain's The Sun, the regulatory body is investigating. A rep for the network tells the publication that the references were "not promotional". The U.K. has strict rules about product placement and plugging on TV aside from advertising.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie