Peter Andre's TV Series Accused of Product Placement
Australian pop star Peter Andre is facing an investigation from Britain's broadcasting standards watchdog after a viewer accused him of promoting a hotel and airline on his U.K. reality show, according to reports.
In an episode of his TV series "Peter Andre: The Next Chapter", the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker jets off to a luxury hotel in the United Arab Emirates with his two children. However, a viewer complained to officials at Ofcom, claiming the singer was purposely plugging the vacation destination in Dubai and that his young daughter was advertising the Emirates airline by wearing a replica hostess outfit.
According to Britain's The Sun, the regulatory body is investigating. A rep for the network tells the publication that the references were "not promotional". The U.K. has strict rules about product placement and plugging on TV aside from advertising.
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer