Peter Andre's TV Series Accused of Product Placement
Australian pop star Peter Andre is facing an investigation from Britain's broadcasting standards watchdog after a viewer accused him of promoting a hotel and airline on his U.K. reality show, according to reports.
In an episode of his TV series "Peter Andre: The Next Chapter", the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker jets off to a luxury hotel in the United Arab Emirates with his two children. However, a viewer complained to officials at Ofcom, claiming the singer was purposely plugging the vacation destination in Dubai and that his young daughter was advertising the Emirates airline by wearing a replica hostess outfit.
According to Britain's The Sun, the regulatory body is investigating. A rep for the network tells the publication that the references were "not promotional". The U.K. has strict rules about product placement and plugging on TV aside from advertising.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival