Peter Andre's TV Series Accused of Product Placement
Australian pop star Peter Andre is facing an investigation from Britain's broadcasting standards watchdog after a viewer accused him of promoting a hotel and airline on his U.K. reality show, according to reports.
In an episode of his TV series "Peter Andre: The Next Chapter", the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker jets off to a luxury hotel in the United Arab Emirates with his two children. However, a viewer complained to officials at Ofcom, claiming the singer was purposely plugging the vacation destination in Dubai and that his young daughter was advertising the Emirates airline by wearing a replica hostess outfit.
According to Britain's The Sun, the regulatory body is investigating. A rep for the network tells the publication that the references were "not promotional". The U.K. has strict rules about product placement and plugging on TV aside from advertising.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch