Cheryl Cole Looks Happy and Healthy on First Public Outing Since Hospitalization
British singer Cheryl Cole has proved she's recovering well from malaria after making her first public appearance on Wednesday, July 28 looking happy and healthy. The Girls Aloud star was forced to take time out from her role as a judge on Simon Cowell's U.K. talent show "The X Factor" after contracting the deadly disease on a trip to Tanzania in June.
Fans feared for her health after she collapsed at a photoshoot earlier this month and was admitted to the intensive care unit at a London hospital. She was subsequently released from a private clinic to recuperate at home, with reports suggesting she was fighting to get healthy again after her weight plummeted and she became dangerously skinny.
But Cole banished claims of her frailty by facing the public for the first time on Wednesday to pick up a coffee near her home in Surrey, England. Despite being dressed casually and wearing no make-up, the beauty looked radiant - and even had the energy to pose for snaps with fans.
The star's close friend and rumored boyfriend, professional dancer Derek Hough, is allegedly living with the star at her mansion to aid her recovery.
More Cheryl Cole News
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna