Cheryl Cole Looks Happy and Healthy on First Public Outing Since Hospitalization
British singer Cheryl Cole has proved she's recovering well from malaria after making her first public appearance on Wednesday, July 28 looking happy and healthy. The Girls Aloud star was forced to take time out from her role as a judge on Simon Cowell's U.K. talent show "The X Factor" after contracting the deadly disease on a trip to Tanzania in June.
Fans feared for her health after she collapsed at a photoshoot earlier this month and was admitted to the intensive care unit at a London hospital. She was subsequently released from a private clinic to recuperate at home, with reports suggesting she was fighting to get healthy again after her weight plummeted and she became dangerously skinny.
But Cole banished claims of her frailty by facing the public for the first time on Wednesday to pick up a coffee near her home in Surrey, England. Despite being dressed casually and wearing no make-up, the beauty looked radiant - and even had the energy to pose for snaps with fans.
The star's close friend and rumored boyfriend, professional dancer Derek Hough, is allegedly living with the star at her mansion to aid her recovery.
More Cheryl Cole News
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert