Gemma Arterton Suffers Rope Burns and Cuts After Filming New Movie
Former Bond girl Gemma Arterton suffered for her art filming new movie "The Disappearance of Alice Creed" - she was left with rope burns and cuts after playing a defenseless kidnapping victim. The British actress spent hours gagged and bound on set, but admits that while the shoot was at times physically painful, it also allowed her to catch up on her rest as she filmed the majority of her scenes on a bed.
She tells WENN, "Obviously it's physically draining because I was in a constant state of tension when making the movie... I was constantly tied up in myself (sic) and then physically I had tiny rope burns and I started getting these little cuts on my mouth from the ball gag, so they actually loosened the ropes and stuff."
"I'd just come off from doing an action movie so it was so nice to be laying in bed (tied up)! You know everybody else is pottering around and doing their thing and I'm just lying there. Sometimes I'd fall asleep while they're setting up the next shot with handcuffs on!"
But Arterton insisted on staying tied up in between takes after realizing how time consuming and cumbersome it was for producers to keep untying her - and she credits the restrictive shoot with helping her to develop her character.
She says, "It was a hassle (to be untied) to be honest, rather than, 'I want to be this character', because I'm not like that. I do like to snap out of it (being in character) and talk. I was just like, 'Ah don't worry about untying me,' because it would take about 10 minutes to untie, then retie so I just stayed there. It was easier that way and made the work faster..."
"It was really helpful as well because in some of the scenes where I had to feel claustrophobic and trapped, the physical restraint really enabled and aided the acting." It's not the first scars Arterton has acquired on a movie set - she was covered in battle wounds from fight scenes for this year's action blockbuster "Clash of the Titans".
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie