Gemma Arterton Suffers Rope Burns and Cuts After Filming New Movie
Former Bond girl Gemma Arterton suffered for her art filming new movie "The Disappearance of Alice Creed" - she was left with rope burns and cuts after playing a defenseless kidnapping victim. The British actress spent hours gagged and bound on set, but admits that while the shoot was at times physically painful, it also allowed her to catch up on her rest as she filmed the majority of her scenes on a bed.
She tells WENN, "Obviously it's physically draining because I was in a constant state of tension when making the movie... I was constantly tied up in myself (sic) and then physically I had tiny rope burns and I started getting these little cuts on my mouth from the ball gag, so they actually loosened the ropes and stuff."
"I'd just come off from doing an action movie so it was so nice to be laying in bed (tied up)! You know everybody else is pottering around and doing their thing and I'm just lying there. Sometimes I'd fall asleep while they're setting up the next shot with handcuffs on!"
But Arterton insisted on staying tied up in between takes after realizing how time consuming and cumbersome it was for producers to keep untying her - and she credits the restrictive shoot with helping her to develop her character.
She says, "It was a hassle (to be untied) to be honest, rather than, 'I want to be this character', because I'm not like that. I do like to snap out of it (being in character) and talk. I was just like, 'Ah don't worry about untying me,' because it would take about 10 minutes to untie, then retie so I just stayed there. It was easier that way and made the work faster..."
"It was really helpful as well because in some of the scenes where I had to feel claustrophobic and trapped, the physical restraint really enabled and aided the acting." It's not the first scars Arterton has acquired on a movie set - she was covered in battle wounds from fight scenes for this year's action blockbuster "Clash of the Titans".
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods
- It's Over! Kim Kardashian 'Pulling the Plug' on Her Marriage to Kanye West
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Talking Again After Bitter Split: 'He's Much Happier'
- 'Supergirl': Katie McGrath Upped to Series Regular in Season 3
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'