Mom: Simon Monjack Didn't Empty Brittany Murphy's Account
Simon Monjack's mother has dismissed claims the late screenwriter emptied bank accounts belonging to his wife Brittany Murphy following her tragic death last year. The Brit died in May just five months after his Hollywood actress wife passed away.
Murphy's former business manager, Jeffrey Morgenroth, has waded into the tragedy by alleging Monjack drained his late wife's estate before his own death, claiming "huge amounts of money" had gone missing. He told People.com, "There were huge amounts of money in (Murphy's) pension plan and bank account, and all of that's gone. I would see it on the statements. There was money being withdrawn by Simon, hundreds of thousands."
But Monjack's mother Linda is adamant her son did not squander his late spouse's cash. She says, "If there is money missing I have no idea where it is. He didn't get much, maybe a few hundred dollars, and he paid off his debts with it. He was spending his time crying his eyes out most of the time. He was in a terrible state."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers