Mom: Simon Monjack Didn't Empty Brittany Murphy's Account
Simon Monjack's mother has dismissed claims the late screenwriter emptied bank accounts belonging to his wife Brittany Murphy following her tragic death last year. The Brit died in May just five months after his Hollywood actress wife passed away.
Murphy's former business manager, Jeffrey Morgenroth, has waded into the tragedy by alleging Monjack drained his late wife's estate before his own death, claiming "huge amounts of money" had gone missing. He told People.com, "There were huge amounts of money in (Murphy's) pension plan and bank account, and all of that's gone. I would see it on the statements. There was money being withdrawn by Simon, hundreds of thousands."
But Monjack's mother Linda is adamant her son did not squander his late spouse's cash. She says, "If there is money missing I have no idea where it is. He didn't get much, maybe a few hundred dollars, and he paid off his debts with it. He was spending his time crying his eyes out most of the time. He was in a terrible state."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March