Mom: Simon Monjack Didn't Empty Brittany Murphy's Account
Simon Monjack's mother has dismissed claims the late screenwriter emptied bank accounts belonging to his wife Brittany Murphy following her tragic death last year. The Brit died in May just five months after his Hollywood actress wife passed away.
Murphy's former business manager, Jeffrey Morgenroth, has waded into the tragedy by alleging Monjack drained his late wife's estate before his own death, claiming "huge amounts of money" had gone missing. He told People.com, "There were huge amounts of money in (Murphy's) pension plan and bank account, and all of that's gone. I would see it on the statements. There was money being withdrawn by Simon, hundreds of thousands."
But Monjack's mother Linda is adamant her son did not squander his late spouse's cash. She says, "If there is money missing I have no idea where it is. He didn't get much, maybe a few hundred dollars, and he paid off his debts with it. He was spending his time crying his eyes out most of the time. He was in a terrible state."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal