Mom: Simon Monjack Didn't Empty Brittany Murphy's Account
Simon Monjack's mother has dismissed claims the late screenwriter emptied bank accounts belonging to his wife Brittany Murphy following her tragic death last year. The Brit died in May just five months after his Hollywood actress wife passed away.
Murphy's former business manager, Jeffrey Morgenroth, has waded into the tragedy by alleging Monjack drained his late wife's estate before his own death, claiming "huge amounts of money" had gone missing. He told People.com, "There were huge amounts of money in (Murphy's) pension plan and bank account, and all of that's gone. I would see it on the statements. There was money being withdrawn by Simon, hundreds of thousands."
But Monjack's mother Linda is adamant her son did not squander his late spouse's cash. She says, "If there is money missing I have no idea where it is. He didn't get much, maybe a few hundred dollars, and he paid off his debts with it. He was spending his time crying his eyes out most of the time. He was in a terrible state."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3