Mom: Simon Monjack Didn't Empty Brittany Murphy's Account
Simon Monjack's mother has dismissed claims the late screenwriter emptied bank accounts belonging to his wife Brittany Murphy following her tragic death last year. The Brit died in May just five months after his Hollywood actress wife passed away.
Murphy's former business manager, Jeffrey Morgenroth, has waded into the tragedy by alleging Monjack drained his late wife's estate before his own death, claiming "huge amounts of money" had gone missing. He told People.com, "There were huge amounts of money in (Murphy's) pension plan and bank account, and all of that's gone. I would see it on the statements. There was money being withdrawn by Simon, hundreds of thousands."
But Monjack's mother Linda is adamant her son did not squander his late spouse's cash. She says, "If there is money missing I have no idea where it is. He didn't get much, maybe a few hundred dollars, and he paid off his debts with it. He was spending his time crying his eyes out most of the time. He was in a terrible state."
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion