Lawyer Did Not Leave Foxy Brown, She Did
Foxy Brown's manager has denied the rapper was dropped by her lawyer just before a court appearance on Tuesday, July 27 - insisting the hip-hop star decided to go with a more "high powered" attorney. The "Candy" star, real name Inga Marchand, was arrested in Brooklyn last week following a reported confrontation with a neighbor, who claimed Brown cursed at her and bared her bottom in a heated dispute.
Brown was charged with public lewdness, harassment and criminal contempt. She pleaded not guilty when she was arraigned in Brooklyn Supreme Court on Thursday. And Marchand was dealt another blow before a hearing on Tuesday when she lost her lawyer from Bruce Barron Associates.
The New York Post reported that the legal firm had dropped its embattled client, but the rapper's manager, Bernadette Brennan, tells AllHipHop.com that the star had "decided to go with a high power attorney".
However her new lawyer, Salvatore Strazzullo, couldn't prevent the presiding New York judge from extending a protective order, which requires Marchand to keep her distance from her neighbor Arlene Raymond, according to the New York Post. The rapper is expected back in court on January 28, 2011.
More Foxy Brown News
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill