Lawyer Did Not Leave Foxy Brown, She Did
Foxy Brown's manager has denied the rapper was dropped by her lawyer just before a court appearance on Tuesday, July 27 - insisting the hip-hop star decided to go with a more "high powered" attorney. The "Candy" star, real name Inga Marchand, was arrested in Brooklyn last week following a reported confrontation with a neighbor, who claimed Brown cursed at her and bared her bottom in a heated dispute.
Brown was charged with public lewdness, harassment and criminal contempt. She pleaded not guilty when she was arraigned in Brooklyn Supreme Court on Thursday. And Marchand was dealt another blow before a hearing on Tuesday when she lost her lawyer from Bruce Barron Associates.
The New York Post reported that the legal firm had dropped its embattled client, but the rapper's manager, Bernadette Brennan, tells AllHipHop.com that the star had "decided to go with a high power attorney".
However her new lawyer, Salvatore Strazzullo, couldn't prevent the presiding New York judge from extending a protective order, which requires Marchand to keep her distance from her neighbor Arlene Raymond, according to the New York Post. The rapper is expected back in court on January 28, 2011.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018