Lawyer Did Not Leave Foxy Brown, She Did
Foxy Brown's manager has denied the rapper was dropped by her lawyer just before a court appearance on Tuesday, July 27 - insisting the hip-hop star decided to go with a more "high powered" attorney. The "Candy" star, real name Inga Marchand, was arrested in Brooklyn last week following a reported confrontation with a neighbor, who claimed Brown cursed at her and bared her bottom in a heated dispute.
Brown was charged with public lewdness, harassment and criminal contempt. She pleaded not guilty when she was arraigned in Brooklyn Supreme Court on Thursday. And Marchand was dealt another blow before a hearing on Tuesday when she lost her lawyer from Bruce Barron Associates.
The New York Post reported that the legal firm had dropped its embattled client, but the rapper's manager, Bernadette Brennan, tells AllHipHop.com that the star had "decided to go with a high power attorney".
However her new lawyer, Salvatore Strazzullo, couldn't prevent the presiding New York judge from extending a protective order, which requires Marchand to keep her distance from her neighbor Arlene Raymond, according to the New York Post. The rapper is expected back in court on January 28, 2011.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert