Lindsay Lohan Begs for Family Time Between Jail and Rehab
Lindsay Lohan is "upset" after learning she may not have time with her family before heading to court-ordered rehab following her release from prison, according to her lawyer. The "Mean Girls" actress was sentenced to 90 days behind bars for breaching her parole in relation to a 2007 DUI arrest and she was admitted to the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, California, earlier this month.
At the time of her sentencing she was ordered to start a three-month stint in a rehabilitation center as part of her probation no later than 24 hours after she completed her jail time. And the star's lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley admits her celebrity client is emotional after learning she may not have a chance to spend time with her mother and siblings before she enters the clinic.
Holley tells People.com, "She's a little upset right now... She'd like to spend some time with her family, and there's at least some question as to whether or not she'll have to go directly to rehab. There's a push now for her to go directly to rehab from jail. I think it would only be fair for her to spend some time with her family and that's what she'd like for me to emphasize to (the) judge."
Lohan is expected to be released as early as next week - two weeks after she started her sentence.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert