Madonna Not Organizing Malawi Charity Gig
Madonna's charitable foundation has shot down reports the pop star is organizing a huge Live Aid-style concert to raise funds for Malawi. The "Material Girl" superstar has poured money into the country over the last few years through her Raising Malawi organization and she is currently building a girls school outside the capital Lilongwe.
It was reported earlier this month that the singer was organizing a huge charity gig in the impoverished nation - from where her two adopted children, David and Mercy, hail. She had allegedly asked U2 star Bono to headline the concert, which was said to be taking place in September.
But the foundation's website has branded the reports "entirely false". A statement on the site reads, "This past weekend, reports circulated regarding a Raising Malawi benefit concert in Blantyre, Malawi. These reports are entirely false; Raising Malawi and Madonna have no plans to host such an event."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones