Madonna Not Organizing Malawi Charity Gig
Madonna's charitable foundation has shot down reports the pop star is organizing a huge Live Aid-style concert to raise funds for Malawi. The "Material Girl" superstar has poured money into the country over the last few years through her Raising Malawi organization and she is currently building a girls school outside the capital Lilongwe.
It was reported earlier this month that the singer was organizing a huge charity gig in the impoverished nation - from where her two adopted children, David and Mercy, hail. She had allegedly asked U2 star Bono to headline the concert, which was said to be taking place in September.
But the foundation's website has branded the reports "entirely false". A statement on the site reads, "This past weekend, reports circulated regarding a Raising Malawi benefit concert in Blantyre, Malawi. These reports are entirely false; Raising Malawi and Madonna have no plans to host such an event."
More Madonna News
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch