Madonna Not Organizing Malawi Charity Gig
Madonna's charitable foundation has shot down reports the pop star is organizing a huge Live Aid-style concert to raise funds for Malawi. The "Material Girl" superstar has poured money into the country over the last few years through her Raising Malawi organization and she is currently building a girls school outside the capital Lilongwe.
It was reported earlier this month that the singer was organizing a huge charity gig in the impoverished nation - from where her two adopted children, David and Mercy, hail. She had allegedly asked U2 star Bono to headline the concert, which was said to be taking place in September.
But the foundation's website has branded the reports "entirely false". A statement on the site reads, "This past weekend, reports circulated regarding a Raising Malawi benefit concert in Blantyre, Malawi. These reports are entirely false; Raising Malawi and Madonna have no plans to host such an event."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says