Madonna Not Organizing Malawi Charity Gig
Madonna's charitable foundation has shot down reports the pop star is organizing a huge Live Aid-style concert to raise funds for Malawi. The "Material Girl" superstar has poured money into the country over the last few years through her Raising Malawi organization and she is currently building a girls school outside the capital Lilongwe.
It was reported earlier this month that the singer was organizing a huge charity gig in the impoverished nation - from where her two adopted children, David and Mercy, hail. She had allegedly asked U2 star Bono to headline the concert, which was said to be taking place in September.
But the foundation's website has branded the reports "entirely false". A statement on the site reads, "This past weekend, reports circulated regarding a Raising Malawi benefit concert in Blantyre, Malawi. These reports are entirely false; Raising Malawi and Madonna have no plans to host such an event."
More Madonna News
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family