Madonna Not Organizing Malawi Charity Gig
Madonna's charitable foundation has shot down reports the pop star is organizing a huge Live Aid-style concert to raise funds for Malawi. The "Material Girl" superstar has poured money into the country over the last few years through her Raising Malawi organization and she is currently building a girls school outside the capital Lilongwe.
It was reported earlier this month that the singer was organizing a huge charity gig in the impoverished nation - from where her two adopted children, David and Mercy, hail. She had allegedly asked U2 star Bono to headline the concert, which was said to be taking place in September.
But the foundation's website has branded the reports "entirely false". A statement on the site reads, "This past weekend, reports circulated regarding a Raising Malawi benefit concert in Blantyre, Malawi. These reports are entirely false; Raising Malawi and Madonna have no plans to host such an event."
More Madonna News
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character