Lauryn Hill Stages Comeback Show in Rwanda
Lauryn Hill jetted off to Africa to stage the first show of a much-anticipated comeback - the former The Fugees star performed at a festival in Kigali in Rwanda at the weekend, July 24. The "Killing Me Softly" singer's appearance at the FESPAD festival came hours after a new song, "Repercussions", was leaked online, suggesting the star is recording fresh material.
Hill performed a hits-heavy set in Kigali, her rendition of The Fugees' "Ready or Not" was a highlight. The singer will headline the Rock The Bells tour in North America in August with Snoop Dogg and A Tribe Called Quest.
On her comeback, Hill has recently told NPR, "I'm starting to get excited again. Believe it or not, I think what people are attracted to about me, if anything, is my passion. People got exposed to my passion through music and song first."
Lauryn Hill in Rwanda:
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson