Lauryn Hill Stages Comeback Show in Rwanda
Lauryn Hill jetted off to Africa to stage the first show of a much-anticipated comeback - the former The Fugees star performed at a festival in Kigali in Rwanda at the weekend, July 24. The "Killing Me Softly" singer's appearance at the FESPAD festival came hours after a new song, "Repercussions", was leaked online, suggesting the star is recording fresh material.
Hill performed a hits-heavy set in Kigali, her rendition of The Fugees' "Ready or Not" was a highlight. The singer will headline the Rock The Bells tour in North America in August with Snoop Dogg and A Tribe Called Quest.
On her comeback, Hill has recently told NPR, "I'm starting to get excited again. Believe it or not, I think what people are attracted to about me, if anything, is my passion. People got exposed to my passion through music and song first."
Lauryn Hill in Rwanda:
More Lauryn Hill News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns