Lauryn Hill Stages Comeback Show in Rwanda
Lauryn Hill jetted off to Africa to stage the first show of a much-anticipated comeback - the former The Fugees star performed at a festival in Kigali in Rwanda at the weekend, July 24. The "Killing Me Softly" singer's appearance at the FESPAD festival came hours after a new song, "Repercussions", was leaked online, suggesting the star is recording fresh material.
Hill performed a hits-heavy set in Kigali, her rendition of The Fugees' "Ready or Not" was a highlight. The singer will headline the Rock The Bells tour in North America in August with Snoop Dogg and A Tribe Called Quest.
On her comeback, Hill has recently told NPR, "I'm starting to get excited again. Believe it or not, I think what people are attracted to about me, if anything, is my passion. People got exposed to my passion through music and song first."
Lauryn Hill in Rwanda:
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'