Kevin Kline Shows Off Piano Skills on Jimmy Fallon's Show
Kevin Kline wowed U.S. TV audiences with his piano skills on Monday night, July 26 by staging a performance with comedian Jimmy Fallon and his back-up band The Roots. The Oscar winner harbored dreams of becoming a piano prodigy when he was young, but gave the hobby up for acting because he "couldn't see a future" in music.
But Fallon urged the actor to revisit his past and tickle the ivories during an appearance on his talk show "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon", prompting Kline to play a rendition of Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata".
Explaining his decision to give up his musical aspirations, Kline said, "I had a terrible practicing discipline. I would try to be practicing my classical music but I would be distracted by other things. This is a demonstration of how important discipline is for any job." The unlikely triple act then livened the crowd, ending the set with a performance of the Doobie Brothers' 1970s hit "Takin' It to the Streets", with Fallon on vocals.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones