Kevin Kline Shows Off Piano Skills on Jimmy Fallon's Show
Kevin Kline wowed U.S. TV audiences with his piano skills on Monday night, July 26 by staging a performance with comedian Jimmy Fallon and his back-up band The Roots. The Oscar winner harbored dreams of becoming a piano prodigy when he was young, but gave the hobby up for acting because he "couldn't see a future" in music.
But Fallon urged the actor to revisit his past and tickle the ivories during an appearance on his talk show "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon", prompting Kline to play a rendition of Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata".
Explaining his decision to give up his musical aspirations, Kline said, "I had a terrible practicing discipline. I would try to be practicing my classical music but I would be distracted by other things. This is a demonstration of how important discipline is for any job." The unlikely triple act then livened the crowd, ending the set with a performance of the Doobie Brothers' 1970s hit "Takin' It to the Streets", with Fallon on vocals.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns