Will Smith's Daughter Willow Is Budding Fashionista
Will Smith's daughter Willow Smith is aiming to make her mark on the fashion industry - she shares a stylist with Rihanna and hopes to launch her own clothing line. The nine-year-old actress has already embraced her own edgy, adult look and her clothing consultant, Mariel Haenn, who also dresses the "Umbrella" hitmaker, is convinced Willow is a budding trend-setter.
She tells Hollywoodlife.com, "We make an effort to give Willow her own style, so as not to be a mini-version of Rihanna, but Willow really knows what she likes and what she doesn't like, and she's vocal about it."
Hann reveals Willow's mother, Jada Pinkett Smith, is fully supporting her daughter's interesting fashion choices, explaining, "Jada said upfront that she didn't want us to dress them like standard kids, like with Sesame Street t-shirts. And the kids really like dressing as adults and hope that adults will want to dress like them. But Jada will put her foot down if there's something she doesn't like, though if the kids really love it, she'll usually let it pass."
Hann also admits Willow and her 12-year-old brother Jaden Smith are both aiming to launch their own fashion lines. She adds, "With Rihanna, pretty soon after she came on the scene, you started seeing designers from Forever 21 to Gucci coming out with styles mimicking her look. We hope the same thing happens here, but I think the ultimate goal is for Willow and Jaden to have their own line."
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell