M.I.A. Plans Free Gig to Replace Her Canceled Show in New York
Rapper M.I.A. has promised fans a free concert in New York to make up for her rain-lashed show on Saturday night, July 24 which was scrapped over safety fears. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker was headlining the Hard NYC event on Governors Island but a severe thunderstorm broke out during her set, forcing organizers to cut her performance short.
It was feared the rapper could be electrocuted if lightning struck the stage, but M.I.A. later blasted officials for the poor quality of sound at the event. She has now offered to make amends to any fans disappointed with the abandoned show - by staging a free concert in the Big Apple when she returns from playing festivals in her native U.K.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, M.I.A. writes, "F**k it! I'm gonna do a free show in NYC when I get back, tho (sic) I don't have powers over rain! If u still have the hard ticket u (sic) free!... If u do me a lil dance (sic), I'll let u in too!"
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns