M.I.A. Plans Free Gig to Replace Her Canceled Show in New York
Rapper M.I.A. has promised fans a free concert in New York to make up for her rain-lashed show on Saturday night, July 24 which was scrapped over safety fears. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker was headlining the Hard NYC event on Governors Island but a severe thunderstorm broke out during her set, forcing organizers to cut her performance short.
It was feared the rapper could be electrocuted if lightning struck the stage, but M.I.A. later blasted officials for the poor quality of sound at the event. She has now offered to make amends to any fans disappointed with the abandoned show - by staging a free concert in the Big Apple when she returns from playing festivals in her native U.K.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, M.I.A. writes, "F**k it! I'm gonna do a free show in NYC when I get back, tho (sic) I don't have powers over rain! If u still have the hard ticket u (sic) free!... If u do me a lil dance (sic), I'll let u in too!"
More M.I.A. News
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video