M.I.A. Plans Free Gig to Replace Her Canceled Show in New York
Rapper M.I.A. has promised fans a free concert in New York to make up for her rain-lashed show on Saturday night, July 24 which was scrapped over safety fears. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker was headlining the Hard NYC event on Governors Island but a severe thunderstorm broke out during her set, forcing organizers to cut her performance short.
It was feared the rapper could be electrocuted if lightning struck the stage, but M.I.A. later blasted officials for the poor quality of sound at the event. She has now offered to make amends to any fans disappointed with the abandoned show - by staging a free concert in the Big Apple when she returns from playing festivals in her native U.K.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, M.I.A. writes, "F**k it! I'm gonna do a free show in NYC when I get back, tho (sic) I don't have powers over rain! If u still have the hard ticket u (sic) free!... If u do me a lil dance (sic), I'll let u in too!"
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!