M.I.A. Plans Free Gig to Replace Her Canceled Show in New York
Rapper M.I.A. has promised fans a free concert in New York to make up for her rain-lashed show on Saturday night, July 24 which was scrapped over safety fears. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker was headlining the Hard NYC event on Governors Island but a severe thunderstorm broke out during her set, forcing organizers to cut her performance short.
It was feared the rapper could be electrocuted if lightning struck the stage, but M.I.A. later blasted officials for the poor quality of sound at the event. She has now offered to make amends to any fans disappointed with the abandoned show - by staging a free concert in the Big Apple when she returns from playing festivals in her native U.K.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, M.I.A. writes, "F**k it! I'm gonna do a free show in NYC when I get back, tho (sic) I don't have powers over rain! If u still have the hard ticket u (sic) free!... If u do me a lil dance (sic), I'll let u in too!"
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash