Rihanna Felt 'Connected' to Eminem's Song
Rihanna was drawn to duet with Eminem on his powerful new track "Love the Way You Lie" - because she "connected" with the song's references to an abusive relationship. The "Umbrella" hitmaker lends her vocals to the rapper's new single, which focuses on domestic violence, and features the lyrics, "I laid hands on her/I'll never stoop so low again/I guess I don't know my own strength."
And Rihanna admits she instantly "understood" the song because of her experiences with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown - who famously attacked the singer last year. She tells Access Hollywood, "It's something that, you know, we've both experienced... on different sides, different ends of the table. He (Eminem) pretty much just broke down the cycle of domestic violence and it's something that people don't have a lot of insight on."
"I knew if he sent me a record there must be something to it. It couldn't just be, 'Oh, Duh! She was in that relationship so we have to get her. The lyrics were so deep, so beautiful and intense. It's something that I understood, something I connected with."
More Rihanna News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics