'Harry Potter' Star Dawn French Is Ex-Husband's Best Friend
"Harry Potter" star Dawn French is "amazed" how she and estranged husband Lenny Henry have worked through their split - insisting they are now the "best of friends". The two British comics announced in April that they separated back in October after 25 years of marriage, but had chosen to keep the break-up private.
The statement released by the pair's publicist insisted the split was "entirely amicable" and revealed they were focusing on maintaining their friendship for the sake of their daughter Billie. And French has confirmed they have "remarkably" kept their promise.
She tells Britain's Radio Times, "Remarkably, we seem to have shifted with relative ease from a 25-year marriage to a lasting friendship. I am amazed by us - there is no war, we have turned out to be the best of friends."
French also confirms in the interview that the couple underwent therapy in 1999 when their marriage was rocked by claims Henry was unfaithful. She adds, "We went to therapy for a few months. We went separately - it gives you an interesting way to come together with new ideas of how to deal with it."
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week