'Harry Potter' Star Dawn French Is Ex-Husband's Best Friend
"Harry Potter" star Dawn French is "amazed" how she and estranged husband Lenny Henry have worked through their split - insisting they are now the "best of friends". The two British comics announced in April that they separated back in October after 25 years of marriage, but had chosen to keep the break-up private.
The statement released by the pair's publicist insisted the split was "entirely amicable" and revealed they were focusing on maintaining their friendship for the sake of their daughter Billie. And French has confirmed they have "remarkably" kept their promise.
She tells Britain's Radio Times, "Remarkably, we seem to have shifted with relative ease from a 25-year marriage to a lasting friendship. I am amazed by us - there is no war, we have turned out to be the best of friends."
French also confirms in the interview that the couple underwent therapy in 1999 when their marriage was rocked by claims Henry was unfaithful. She adds, "We went to therapy for a few months. We went separately - it gives you an interesting way to come together with new ideas of how to deal with it."
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage