'Harry Potter' Star Dawn French Is Ex-Husband's Best Friend
"Harry Potter" star Dawn French is "amazed" how she and estranged husband Lenny Henry have worked through their split - insisting they are now the "best of friends". The two British comics announced in April that they separated back in October after 25 years of marriage, but had chosen to keep the break-up private.
The statement released by the pair's publicist insisted the split was "entirely amicable" and revealed they were focusing on maintaining their friendship for the sake of their daughter Billie. And French has confirmed they have "remarkably" kept their promise.
She tells Britain's Radio Times, "Remarkably, we seem to have shifted with relative ease from a 25-year marriage to a lasting friendship. I am amazed by us - there is no war, we have turned out to be the best of friends."
French also confirms in the interview that the couple underwent therapy in 1999 when their marriage was rocked by claims Henry was unfaithful. She adds, "We went to therapy for a few months. We went separately - it gives you an interesting way to come together with new ideas of how to deal with it."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show