'Harry Potter' Star Dawn French Is Ex-Husband's Best Friend
"Harry Potter" star Dawn French is "amazed" how she and estranged husband Lenny Henry have worked through their split - insisting they are now the "best of friends". The two British comics announced in April that they separated back in October after 25 years of marriage, but had chosen to keep the break-up private.
The statement released by the pair's publicist insisted the split was "entirely amicable" and revealed they were focusing on maintaining their friendship for the sake of their daughter Billie. And French has confirmed they have "remarkably" kept their promise.
She tells Britain's Radio Times, "Remarkably, we seem to have shifted with relative ease from a 25-year marriage to a lasting friendship. I am amazed by us - there is no war, we have turned out to be the best of friends."
French also confirms in the interview that the couple underwent therapy in 1999 when their marriage was rocked by claims Henry was unfaithful. She adds, "We went to therapy for a few months. We went separately - it gives you an interesting way to come together with new ideas of how to deal with it."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers