'Harry Potter' Star Dawn French Is Ex-Husband's Best Friend
"Harry Potter" star Dawn French is "amazed" how she and estranged husband Lenny Henry have worked through their split - insisting they are now the "best of friends". The two British comics announced in April that they separated back in October after 25 years of marriage, but had chosen to keep the break-up private.
The statement released by the pair's publicist insisted the split was "entirely amicable" and revealed they were focusing on maintaining their friendship for the sake of their daughter Billie. And French has confirmed they have "remarkably" kept their promise.
She tells Britain's Radio Times, "Remarkably, we seem to have shifted with relative ease from a 25-year marriage to a lasting friendship. I am amazed by us - there is no war, we have turned out to be the best of friends."
French also confirms in the interview that the couple underwent therapy in 1999 when their marriage was rocked by claims Henry was unfaithful. She adds, "We went to therapy for a few months. We went separately - it gives you an interesting way to come together with new ideas of how to deal with it."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage