Wyclef Jean Considering Post as Haiti President
Wyclef Jean is reconsidering running for president of his devastated homeland Haiti, according to his charitable foundation. The former Fugees star has been instrumental in ensuring the Haitians left homeless by the massive earthquake in January have aid, and has built temporary shelters through his Yele Haiti organization.
Jean's dedication and service prompted many to call for him to step into politics, but he initially shrugged off the idea, saying, "If I take a job being a president, I can't do as much as I'm doing for my country." However, according to CNN, the star has filled out the relevant paperwork in case he wants to put himself forward as a presidential candidate in the 2010 elections, pondering during a telephone interview, "I can't sing forever."
But a statement from his foundation adds that Jean is yet to come to a final decision: "Wyclef's commitment to his homeland and its youth is boundless, and he will remain its greatest supporter regardless of whether he is part of the government moving forward. At this time, Wyclef Jean has not announced his intent to run for Haitian president. If and when a decision is made, media will be alerted immediately."
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves