Wyclef Jean Considering Post as Haiti President
Wyclef Jean is reconsidering running for president of his devastated homeland Haiti, according to his charitable foundation. The former Fugees star has been instrumental in ensuring the Haitians left homeless by the massive earthquake in January have aid, and has built temporary shelters through his Yele Haiti organization.
Jean's dedication and service prompted many to call for him to step into politics, but he initially shrugged off the idea, saying, "If I take a job being a president, I can't do as much as I'm doing for my country." However, according to CNN, the star has filled out the relevant paperwork in case he wants to put himself forward as a presidential candidate in the 2010 elections, pondering during a telephone interview, "I can't sing forever."
But a statement from his foundation adds that Jean is yet to come to a final decision: "Wyclef's commitment to his homeland and its youth is boundless, and he will remain its greatest supporter regardless of whether he is part of the government moving forward. At this time, Wyclef Jean has not announced his intent to run for Haitian president. If and when a decision is made, media will be alerted immediately."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory