SOiL Lose Their Lead Singer and Drummer
American heavy metal band SOiL have lost their lead singer, A. J. Cavalier, and drummer Tom Schofield. Schofield, who co-founded the group in 1997, sparked rumors of a rift in early July when he told website Blabbermouth his bandmate Cavalier was on an "indefinite hiatus" from the band. He also revealed that he was "looking for new musical opportunities".
And now remaining members, guitarist Adam Zadel and bassist Tim King, have confirmed the pair has quit. A statement posted on the band's MySpace page reads, "I'm sure you are all wondering what is happening in the world of SOiL after all the rumors and statements that have been going around."
"Late last week we learned of A.J.'s intentions as he notified us of his 'indefinite hiatus.' Then we learned of Tom's intentions, as did all of you, via the Blabbermouth statement he issued a few days ago."
The "Unreal" hitmakers insist the "show must and will go on", and they have already signed up replacements - ChainWax drummer Mike Tignino and former Silvergun singer Jordan Lee have joined the band.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris