SOiL Lose Their Lead Singer and Drummer
American heavy metal band SOiL have lost their lead singer, A. J. Cavalier, and drummer Tom Schofield. Schofield, who co-founded the group in 1997, sparked rumors of a rift in early July when he told website Blabbermouth his bandmate Cavalier was on an "indefinite hiatus" from the band. He also revealed that he was "looking for new musical opportunities".
And now remaining members, guitarist Adam Zadel and bassist Tim King, have confirmed the pair has quit. A statement posted on the band's MySpace page reads, "I'm sure you are all wondering what is happening in the world of SOiL after all the rumors and statements that have been going around."
"Late last week we learned of A.J.'s intentions as he notified us of his 'indefinite hiatus.' Then we learned of Tom's intentions, as did all of you, via the Blabbermouth statement he issued a few days ago."
The "Unreal" hitmakers insist the "show must and will go on", and they have already signed up replacements - ChainWax drummer Mike Tignino and former Silvergun singer Jordan Lee have joined the band.
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role