SOiL Lose Their Lead Singer and Drummer
American heavy metal band SOiL have lost their lead singer, A. J. Cavalier, and drummer Tom Schofield. Schofield, who co-founded the group in 1997, sparked rumors of a rift in early July when he told website Blabbermouth his bandmate Cavalier was on an "indefinite hiatus" from the band. He also revealed that he was "looking for new musical opportunities".
And now remaining members, guitarist Adam Zadel and bassist Tim King, have confirmed the pair has quit. A statement posted on the band's MySpace page reads, "I'm sure you are all wondering what is happening in the world of SOiL after all the rumors and statements that have been going around."
"Late last week we learned of A.J.'s intentions as he notified us of his 'indefinite hiatus.' Then we learned of Tom's intentions, as did all of you, via the Blabbermouth statement he issued a few days ago."
The "Unreal" hitmakers insist the "show must and will go on", and they have already signed up replacements - ChainWax drummer Mike Tignino and former Silvergun singer Jordan Lee have joined the band.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl