Martha Wainwright Had 'Serius Unrequited Crushes'
Singer Martha Wainwright has had a number of "serious unrequited crushes" in her past - and insists she's used to chasing men who are "completely unattainable and uninterested". The folk star admits she has never been popular with the opposite sex and as a result she resorted to shamelessly pursuing attached men - including her husband Brad Albetta, who was living with another woman when they fell for one another.
She even named her second album "I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too" after noticing the situation recur in her love life. Wainwright explains, "It's (the title) about a couple of people whom I've had serious unrequited crushes on. That was a big part of my existence before meeting my husband and even, obviously, at the beginning of that relationship. I have a tendency to run after people who are completely unattainable and uninterested and make a complete fool of myself."
"Basically, I was not that pretty a girl and I was never pursued as a teenager or a young woman, so I was used to having no shame and trying to get people to love me. Well, there's always love there. I might not be beautiful but I'm interesting!"
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer