Martha Wainwright Had 'Serius Unrequited Crushes'
Singer Martha Wainwright has had a number of "serious unrequited crushes" in her past - and insists she's used to chasing men who are "completely unattainable and uninterested". The folk star admits she has never been popular with the opposite sex and as a result she resorted to shamelessly pursuing attached men - including her husband Brad Albetta, who was living with another woman when they fell for one another.
She even named her second album "I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too" after noticing the situation recur in her love life. Wainwright explains, "It's (the title) about a couple of people whom I've had serious unrequited crushes on. That was a big part of my existence before meeting my husband and even, obviously, at the beginning of that relationship. I have a tendency to run after people who are completely unattainable and uninterested and make a complete fool of myself."
"Basically, I was not that pretty a girl and I was never pursued as a teenager or a young woman, so I was used to having no shame and trying to get people to love me. Well, there's always love there. I might not be beautiful but I'm interesting!"
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri