Martha Wainwright Had 'Serius Unrequited Crushes'
Singer Martha Wainwright has had a number of "serious unrequited crushes" in her past - and insists she's used to chasing men who are "completely unattainable and uninterested". The folk star admits she has never been popular with the opposite sex and as a result she resorted to shamelessly pursuing attached men - including her husband Brad Albetta, who was living with another woman when they fell for one another.
She even named her second album "I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too" after noticing the situation recur in her love life. Wainwright explains, "It's (the title) about a couple of people whom I've had serious unrequited crushes on. That was a big part of my existence before meeting my husband and even, obviously, at the beginning of that relationship. I have a tendency to run after people who are completely unattainable and uninterested and make a complete fool of myself."
"Basically, I was not that pretty a girl and I was never pursued as a teenager or a young woman, so I was used to having no shame and trying to get people to love me. Well, there's always love there. I might not be beautiful but I'm interesting!"
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie