Martha Wainwright Had 'Serius Unrequited Crushes'
Singer Martha Wainwright has had a number of "serious unrequited crushes" in her past - and insists she's used to chasing men who are "completely unattainable and uninterested". The folk star admits she has never been popular with the opposite sex and as a result she resorted to shamelessly pursuing attached men - including her husband Brad Albetta, who was living with another woman when they fell for one another.
She even named her second album "I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too" after noticing the situation recur in her love life. Wainwright explains, "It's (the title) about a couple of people whom I've had serious unrequited crushes on. That was a big part of my existence before meeting my husband and even, obviously, at the beginning of that relationship. I have a tendency to run after people who are completely unattainable and uninterested and make a complete fool of myself."
"Basically, I was not that pretty a girl and I was never pursued as a teenager or a young woman, so I was used to having no shame and trying to get people to love me. Well, there's always love there. I might not be beautiful but I'm interesting!"
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen