Martha Wainwright Had 'Serius Unrequited Crushes'
Singer Martha Wainwright has had a number of "serious unrequited crushes" in her past - and insists she's used to chasing men who are "completely unattainable and uninterested". The folk star admits she has never been popular with the opposite sex and as a result she resorted to shamelessly pursuing attached men - including her husband Brad Albetta, who was living with another woman when they fell for one another.
She even named her second album "I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too" after noticing the situation recur in her love life. Wainwright explains, "It's (the title) about a couple of people whom I've had serious unrequited crushes on. That was a big part of my existence before meeting my husband and even, obviously, at the beginning of that relationship. I have a tendency to run after people who are completely unattainable and uninterested and make a complete fool of myself."
"Basically, I was not that pretty a girl and I was never pursued as a teenager or a young woman, so I was used to having no shame and trying to get people to love me. Well, there's always love there. I might not be beautiful but I'm interesting!"
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards