Brittany Murphy's Mother Calls Mold Allegations 'Absurd'
Brittany Murphy's mother has blasted "absurd" reports suggesting mold in her daughter's marital home may have contributed to the untimely deaths of the actress and her husband Simon Monjack. Health officials at California's Department of Public Health have allegedly launched an investigation into claims the couple's respiratory health could have been affected by the growth of mold in the Hollywood Hills mansion they shared before tragically dying within five months of each other.
The "Clueless" star's mother, Sharon Murphy, who also lived at the property, is said to have initially refused the Los Angeles County Coroner entrance to the house to inspect the mold while looking into the actress' death in December 2009.
TMZ.com reported at the weekend, July 25, that Sharon had now agreed to a survey by Public Heath officers following Monjack's shock passing in May. The official cause of death for both husband and wife was listed as pneumonia and anemia in their separate coroner's reports.
But Sharon has angrily refuted the accusations, insisting she has been nothing but cooperative with authorities in recent months. She tells People.com, "I have never been personally asked by the coroner or anyone from the Health Department to come and inspect my home for mold. In the last eight months, I have been through the most unimaginable events, which no one could ever fathom."
"I have and will continue to be very cooperative and fully comply with any such request. It's absurd that this kind of misinformation is being reported by the media." Her attorney, Michael Schiff, adds, "To the best of my knowledge, there has been no evidence of mold at the Murphy residence."
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting