Jack Nicholson's Joker Outfit Up for Auction
The outfit Jack Nicholson wore to play the villainous Joker in "Batman" is to go under the hammer in a film memorabilia auction. The three-piece suit, created by Saville Row tailor Tommy Nutter for the 1989 comic book movie, is expected to sell as much as $15,000 when it is sold next month.
A spokesperson for auction house Bonhams says, "It might be Batman enthusiasts who want the suit, or collectors of Tommy Nutter. There is a crossover of interest." Nutter became famous for his classic suits, which were also worn by The Beatles on the cover of their "Abbey Road" album.
Nicholson's role as Joker was succeeded by the late Heath Ledger who appeared in the 2008 "The Dark Knight". Ledger's version kept the purple coat but changed the vest to green.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'