Jack Nicholson's Joker Outfit Up for Auction
The outfit Jack Nicholson wore to play the villainous Joker in "Batman" is to go under the hammer in a film memorabilia auction. The three-piece suit, created by Saville Row tailor Tommy Nutter for the 1989 comic book movie, is expected to sell as much as $15,000 when it is sold next month.
A spokesperson for auction house Bonhams says, "It might be Batman enthusiasts who want the suit, or collectors of Tommy Nutter. There is a crossover of interest." Nutter became famous for his classic suits, which were also worn by The Beatles on the cover of their "Abbey Road" album.
Nicholson's role as Joker was succeeded by the late Heath Ledger who appeared in the 2008 "The Dark Knight". Ledger's version kept the purple coat but changed the vest to green.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3