Jack Nicholson's Joker Outfit Up for Auction
The outfit Jack Nicholson wore to play the villainous Joker in "Batman" is to go under the hammer in a film memorabilia auction. The three-piece suit, created by Saville Row tailor Tommy Nutter for the 1989 comic book movie, is expected to sell as much as $15,000 when it is sold next month.
A spokesperson for auction house Bonhams says, "It might be Batman enthusiasts who want the suit, or collectors of Tommy Nutter. There is a crossover of interest." Nutter became famous for his classic suits, which were also worn by The Beatles on the cover of their "Abbey Road" album.
Nicholson's role as Joker was succeeded by the late Heath Ledger who appeared in the 2008 "The Dark Knight". Ledger's version kept the purple coat but changed the vest to green.
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance