Naomie Harris Tried Raw Carrots Diet and Fell Ill
British actress Naomie Harris was diagnosed with anemia after she embarked on an extreme raw food diet and tried to survive on uncooked carrots. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits she is "obsessed" with maintaining a healthy lifestyle but pushed her body to the limit with a super-strict eating regime.
But after suffering a health scare as result of the diet, Harris vowed to eat sensibly and munch vitamin pills to boost her immune system. She tells Britain's Live magazine, "I'm obsessed with health, which has been an interesting journey for me. I went down the raw-food-diet route, became a raw foodist and got really ill."
"It was really hard, especially in England in winter, trying to survive on raw carrots. I became so ill I was anemic, so I just stopped that and became a total vitamin junkie. Just eat lots of vegetables, exercise and breathe."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group