Naomie Harris Tried Raw Carrots Diet and Fell Ill
British actress Naomie Harris was diagnosed with anemia after she embarked on an extreme raw food diet and tried to survive on uncooked carrots. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits she is "obsessed" with maintaining a healthy lifestyle but pushed her body to the limit with a super-strict eating regime.
But after suffering a health scare as result of the diet, Harris vowed to eat sensibly and munch vitamin pills to boost her immune system. She tells Britain's Live magazine, "I'm obsessed with health, which has been an interesting journey for me. I went down the raw-food-diet route, became a raw foodist and got really ill."
"It was really hard, especially in England in winter, trying to survive on raw carrots. I became so ill I was anemic, so I just stopped that and became a total vitamin junkie. Just eat lots of vegetables, exercise and breathe."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation