Naomie Harris Tried Raw Carrots Diet and Fell Ill
British actress Naomie Harris was diagnosed with anemia after she embarked on an extreme raw food diet and tried to survive on uncooked carrots. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits she is "obsessed" with maintaining a healthy lifestyle but pushed her body to the limit with a super-strict eating regime.
But after suffering a health scare as result of the diet, Harris vowed to eat sensibly and munch vitamin pills to boost her immune system. She tells Britain's Live magazine, "I'm obsessed with health, which has been an interesting journey for me. I went down the raw-food-diet route, became a raw foodist and got really ill."
"It was really hard, especially in England in winter, trying to survive on raw carrots. I became so ill I was anemic, so I just stopped that and became a total vitamin junkie. Just eat lots of vegetables, exercise and breathe."
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'