Naomie Harris Tried Raw Carrots Diet and Fell Ill
British actress Naomie Harris was diagnosed with anemia after she embarked on an extreme raw food diet and tried to survive on uncooked carrots. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits she is "obsessed" with maintaining a healthy lifestyle but pushed her body to the limit with a super-strict eating regime.
But after suffering a health scare as result of the diet, Harris vowed to eat sensibly and munch vitamin pills to boost her immune system. She tells Britain's Live magazine, "I'm obsessed with health, which has been an interesting journey for me. I went down the raw-food-diet route, became a raw foodist and got really ill."
"It was really hard, especially in England in winter, trying to survive on raw carrots. I became so ill I was anemic, so I just stopped that and became a total vitamin junkie. Just eat lots of vegetables, exercise and breathe."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory