Naomie Harris Tried Raw Carrots Diet and Fell Ill
British actress Naomie Harris was diagnosed with anemia after she embarked on an extreme raw food diet and tried to survive on uncooked carrots. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star admits she is "obsessed" with maintaining a healthy lifestyle but pushed her body to the limit with a super-strict eating regime.
But after suffering a health scare as result of the diet, Harris vowed to eat sensibly and munch vitamin pills to boost her immune system. She tells Britain's Live magazine, "I'm obsessed with health, which has been an interesting journey for me. I went down the raw-food-diet route, became a raw foodist and got really ill."
"It was really hard, especially in England in winter, trying to survive on raw carrots. I became so ill I was anemic, so I just stopped that and became a total vitamin junkie. Just eat lots of vegetables, exercise and breathe."
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly