Penelope Cruz Won't Lie About Age and Support Thin Teens
Penelope Cruz has vowed never to lie about her age - because she isn't ashamed of growing older. The 36-year-old actress is determined to grow old "gracefully" like movie icons Sophia Loren and Audrey Hepburn, and she's determined not to play the Hollywood game of knocking a few years off her birth date.
She tells Britain's You magazine, "I never want to lie about my age. If I look around at the actresses I admire, they are all women who have not fought growing older, but embraced it - women like Sophia Loren or Audrey Hepburn... Of course my face will change as I get older, but that's OK. It's a good thing to be old, because that means you haven't died yet right?"
"And when I do get older, I want to have the grace to be proud of it, not to lie about it or try to fight it. The people who love me, love me for who I am. They love me for a mixture of things that makes anyone love another person, and those things will still be there when I am 40, 60 or 80."
She also wants to "close down" trashy teen magazines, insisting editors force unhealthy body images on young and impressionable readers. The "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" star is known for her slender frame and good looks but believes beauty comes in all shapes and sizes - and she's urging teenage girls to toss out any publication which claims otherwise.
She says, "I would close down all those teenage magazines that encourage young girls to diet. Who says that to be pretty you have to be thin? Some people look better thin and some don't. There is almost a standard being created where only thin is acceptable. The influence of those magazines on girls as young as 13 is horrific."
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!