M.I.A. Throws Twitter Rant Following Canceled Show in New York
M.I.A.'s headline slot at an open-air concert in New York on Saturday, July 24 had to be cut short amid fears the rapper would be electrocuted during a severe thunderstorm. Driving rain lashed the stage at the Hard NYC Party on Governors Island, and the "Paper Planes" hitmaker was forced to abandon her performance as forks of lightning lit up the sky.
But she refused to leave the stage after organizers cut off her sound - joining several of her bandmates to rap without any backing track for several minutes. Before ending her set, M.I.A. told fans the lightning could be a danger to the metal-framed stage, adding: "F**k that s**t."
She later blasted conditions at the event and even claimed the stage was disintegrating during her headline slot. In a post on her Twitter.com page, M.I.A. writes, "Money doesn't buy u s**t! I thought more money means better sound guys in America... I was wrong, the higher u go, they turn u lower (sic)!... That still didn't stop us! It's bigger then (sic) that!... f**k technology! Even the stage broke + parts of it fell off in the storm."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says