M.I.A. Throws Twitter Rant Following Canceled Show in New York
M.I.A.'s headline slot at an open-air concert in New York on Saturday, July 24 had to be cut short amid fears the rapper would be electrocuted during a severe thunderstorm. Driving rain lashed the stage at the Hard NYC Party on Governors Island, and the "Paper Planes" hitmaker was forced to abandon her performance as forks of lightning lit up the sky.
But she refused to leave the stage after organizers cut off her sound - joining several of her bandmates to rap without any backing track for several minutes. Before ending her set, M.I.A. told fans the lightning could be a danger to the metal-framed stage, adding: "F**k that s**t."
She later blasted conditions at the event and even claimed the stage was disintegrating during her headline slot. In a post on her Twitter.com page, M.I.A. writes, "Money doesn't buy u s**t! I thought more money means better sound guys in America... I was wrong, the higher u go, they turn u lower (sic)!... That still didn't stop us! It's bigger then (sic) that!... f**k technology! Even the stage broke + parts of it fell off in the storm."
More M.I.A. News
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert