M.I.A. Throws Twitter Rant Following Canceled Show in New York
M.I.A.'s headline slot at an open-air concert in New York on Saturday, July 24 had to be cut short amid fears the rapper would be electrocuted during a severe thunderstorm. Driving rain lashed the stage at the Hard NYC Party on Governors Island, and the "Paper Planes" hitmaker was forced to abandon her performance as forks of lightning lit up the sky.
But she refused to leave the stage after organizers cut off her sound - joining several of her bandmates to rap without any backing track for several minutes. Before ending her set, M.I.A. told fans the lightning could be a danger to the metal-framed stage, adding: "F**k that s**t."
She later blasted conditions at the event and even claimed the stage was disintegrating during her headline slot. In a post on her Twitter.com page, M.I.A. writes, "Money doesn't buy u s**t! I thought more money means better sound guys in America... I was wrong, the higher u go, they turn u lower (sic)!... That still didn't stop us! It's bigger then (sic) that!... f**k technology! Even the stage broke + parts of it fell off in the storm."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic