Cameron Douglas' Alleged Drug Suppliers Arrested
Two men have been detained in California on suspicion of supplying Michael Douglas' jailed son Cameron Douglas with drugs. The "Wall Street" star's 31-year-old son was sentenced to five years in prison in April after pleading guilty to charges of methamphetamine possession with intent to distribute and one count of possessing cocaine.
Cameron is believed to have agreed a deal with prosecutors to name his alleged suppliers to avoid a mandatory 10-year prison sentence. Brothers David Escalera, 34, and Eduardo Escalera have now been arrested and charged over allegations they trafficked "large amounts" of methamphetamine to Cameron, according to the New York Post. They are being held without bail.
Cameron Douglas was arrested in August 2009 after a drugs raid on his room at New York's Hotel Gansevoort. He was taken into custody on suspicion of possessing methamphetamines with intent to distribute and originally put under house arrest. But he was later thrown in jail after his girlfriend allegedly tried to smuggle heroin to him in an electric toothbrush.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves