Cameron Douglas' Alleged Drug Suppliers Arrested
Two men have been detained in California on suspicion of supplying Michael Douglas' jailed son Cameron Douglas with drugs. The "Wall Street" star's 31-year-old son was sentenced to five years in prison in April after pleading guilty to charges of methamphetamine possession with intent to distribute and one count of possessing cocaine.
Cameron is believed to have agreed a deal with prosecutors to name his alleged suppliers to avoid a mandatory 10-year prison sentence. Brothers David Escalera, 34, and Eduardo Escalera have now been arrested and charged over allegations they trafficked "large amounts" of methamphetamine to Cameron, according to the New York Post. They are being held without bail.
Cameron Douglas was arrested in August 2009 after a drugs raid on his room at New York's Hotel Gansevoort. He was taken into custody on suspicion of possessing methamphetamines with intent to distribute and originally put under house arrest. But he was later thrown in jail after his girlfriend allegedly tried to smuggle heroin to him in an electric toothbrush.
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'