Heather Mills Says Losing Legs Was Easier Than Splitting From Paul McCartney
Heather Mills insists the trauma and pain she went through after losing her leg in a traffic accident was nothing compared to the way she felt after splitting from ex-husband Sir Paul McCartney. The pair separated in 2006 after four years of marriage and went on to fight an ugly public divorce battle.
The union was officially dissolved in 2008 and the former member of The Beatles was ordered to hand over $38.9 million (24.3 million pound sterling) of his fortune to his ex-wife, as well as annual payments for their daughter Beatrice. Despite the animosity between Mills and McCartney, the charity campaigner - who had a section of her leg amputated after a motorbike ran into her in 1993 - has spoken out about the deep pain she went through after leaving the Beatles legend, and insists their love was for real.
She tells Britain's The People newspaper, "I was madly in love with him. I was absolutely devastated and numb. I didn't know what to do. Losing my left leg in a motorcycle accident was 20 times easier to deal with than losing my marriage." She adds, "The thing that kept me going was Beatrice and my friends and family."
"Paul and I were completely in love. It was a real love story - but it ended even though I didn't want it to. I had to leave. I had no choice."
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI