Hugh Laurie Gets Music Deal With Warner
"House M.D." star Hugh Laurie is swapping medicine for music - he's signed his first record deal to release a blues album. The actor, who plays grumpy medic Dr. Gregory House in the hit U.S. series, has landed a contract with Warner music group and will team up with a host of guest musicians for the New Orleans blues album.
And Laurie, who is a self-taught musician, is ecstatic at his latest success. He says, "I am drunk with excitement at this opportunity. I know the history of actors making music is a chequered one, but I promise no one will get hurt. I am particularly thrilled to be working with Joe Henry, who has produced some of my favourite records of all time, and I can't wait to get started."
Laurie has once showcased his talent in songwriting when he collaborated with Meat Loaf whom he met while the musician was guest starring on "House". Their work was featured on "Hang Cool Teddy Bear".
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage