Hugh Laurie Gets Music Deal With Warner
"House M.D." star Hugh Laurie is swapping medicine for music - he's signed his first record deal to release a blues album. The actor, who plays grumpy medic Dr. Gregory House in the hit U.S. series, has landed a contract with Warner music group and will team up with a host of guest musicians for the New Orleans blues album.
And Laurie, who is a self-taught musician, is ecstatic at his latest success. He says, "I am drunk with excitement at this opportunity. I know the history of actors making music is a chequered one, but I promise no one will get hurt. I am particularly thrilled to be working with Joe Henry, who has produced some of my favourite records of all time, and I can't wait to get started."
Laurie has once showcased his talent in songwriting when he collaborated with Meat Loaf whom he met while the musician was guest starring on "House". Their work was featured on "Hang Cool Teddy Bear".
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors