Hugh Laurie Gets Music Deal With Warner
"House M.D." star Hugh Laurie is swapping medicine for music - he's signed his first record deal to release a blues album. The actor, who plays grumpy medic Dr. Gregory House in the hit U.S. series, has landed a contract with Warner music group and will team up with a host of guest musicians for the New Orleans blues album.
And Laurie, who is a self-taught musician, is ecstatic at his latest success. He says, "I am drunk with excitement at this opportunity. I know the history of actors making music is a chequered one, but I promise no one will get hurt. I am particularly thrilled to be working with Joe Henry, who has produced some of my favourite records of all time, and I can't wait to get started."
Laurie has once showcased his talent in songwriting when he collaborated with Meat Loaf whom he met while the musician was guest starring on "House". Their work was featured on "Hang Cool Teddy Bear".
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip