'Lord of the Rings' Director Purchases New Private Plane, Gulfstream G550
Filmmaker and aviation buff Peter Jackson will be taking off from Middle Earth in style the next time he flies - the "Lord of the Rings" mastermind has purchased a new private plane. The director has reportedly spent $50 million on a Gulfstream G550, which can fly non-stop from New Zealand to Los Angeles.
The G550 can accommodate up to 16 passengers, with seats that can be converted into beds. The craft replaces Jackson's Gulfstream IV, which could only make the journey with a refueling stop in Samoa or Hawaii, reports Stuff.co.nz. Jackson collects vintage airplanes and currently has approximately 29 World War I and replica crafts in his fleet.
Beside directing "Lord of the Rings", other big screen projects Jackson has helmed include "King Kong", "Crossing the Line", and "The Lovely Bones". Meanwhile, some films he has produced such as "District 9" and forthcoming movies "Dambusters", "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" and "The Hobbit".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked