Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz Lead Leaderboard of Celebrities at 'Top Gear'
Movie stars Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz thrilled viewers of U.K. motoring show "Top Gear" on Sunday, July 25 - they topped a leaderboard of celebrities in the show's racetrack challenge. The speed-loving pair climbed behind the wheel of a tiny hatchback for a lap of the circuit for the program's "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" slot.
Diaz hit full throttle as she raced around the track, posting an impressive lap time of 1 minute 45.2 seconds - the fastest celebrity of the show's current series. But her prestigious place at the top of the leaderboard lasted only a few moments - host Jeremy Clarkson then revealed Cruise's lap time was 1 minute 44.2 seconds, beating Diaz into second.
Cruise's hair-raising efforts saw the "Top Gun" star take the car up on to two wheels as he sped through the final corner of the track. The announcement of the results brought huge cheers from the studio audience as Cruise told them, "When I was on two wheels I didn't know what was going to happen... This is the best day. This was a like a vacation."
And Clarkson was equally impressed with Cruise's daredevil antics on the track, telling him, "That was a breathtaking thing."
More Tom Cruise News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance