Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz Lead Leaderboard of Celebrities at 'Top Gear'
Movie stars Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz thrilled viewers of U.K. motoring show "Top Gear" on Sunday, July 25 - they topped a leaderboard of celebrities in the show's racetrack challenge. The speed-loving pair climbed behind the wheel of a tiny hatchback for a lap of the circuit for the program's "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" slot.
Diaz hit full throttle as she raced around the track, posting an impressive lap time of 1 minute 45.2 seconds - the fastest celebrity of the show's current series. But her prestigious place at the top of the leaderboard lasted only a few moments - host Jeremy Clarkson then revealed Cruise's lap time was 1 minute 44.2 seconds, beating Diaz into second.
Cruise's hair-raising efforts saw the "Top Gun" star take the car up on to two wheels as he sped through the final corner of the track. The announcement of the results brought huge cheers from the studio audience as Cruise told them, "When I was on two wheels I didn't know what was going to happen... This is the best day. This was a like a vacation."
And Clarkson was equally impressed with Cruise's daredevil antics on the track, telling him, "That was a breathtaking thing."
More Tom Cruise News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?