Al Jarreau Transferred Into New Hospital Over Breathing Problems
Jazz star Al Jarreau has been transferred by helicopter from a hospital in the French Alps to another in Marseille after he fell ill with breathing problems, which were aggravated by the altitude. The 70-year-old musician is expected to remain in the cardiology unit of La Timone hospital in Marseille for a week to undergo further testing.
The singer collapsed on Thursday, July 22 after fainting moments before he was due to perform at a music festival in Barcelonnette, in the southern French Alps. He is believed to have had trouble adjusting to the mountain altitude, according to the Associated Press.
Jarreau, who has been touring Europe and Japan, has canceled a further two shows in Germany and another in Azerbaijan. It was not immediately clear when Jarreau would sing again.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses