Al Jarreau Transferred Into New Hospital Over Breathing Problems
Jazz star Al Jarreau has been transferred by helicopter from a hospital in the French Alps to another in Marseille after he fell ill with breathing problems, which were aggravated by the altitude. The 70-year-old musician is expected to remain in the cardiology unit of La Timone hospital in Marseille for a week to undergo further testing.
The singer collapsed on Thursday, July 22 after fainting moments before he was due to perform at a music festival in Barcelonnette, in the southern French Alps. He is believed to have had trouble adjusting to the mountain altitude, according to the Associated Press.
Jarreau, who has been touring Europe and Japan, has canceled a further two shows in Germany and another in Azerbaijan. It was not immediately clear when Jarreau would sing again.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked