Al Jarreau Transferred Into New Hospital Over Breathing Problems
Jazz star Al Jarreau has been transferred by helicopter from a hospital in the French Alps to another in Marseille after he fell ill with breathing problems, which were aggravated by the altitude. The 70-year-old musician is expected to remain in the cardiology unit of La Timone hospital in Marseille for a week to undergo further testing.
The singer collapsed on Thursday, July 22 after fainting moments before he was due to perform at a music festival in Barcelonnette, in the southern French Alps. He is believed to have had trouble adjusting to the mountain altitude, according to the Associated Press.
Jarreau, who has been touring Europe and Japan, has canceled a further two shows in Germany and another in Azerbaijan. It was not immediately clear when Jarreau would sing again.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'