Neighbors Upset About Sophie Dahl's Tall Fence Plans
Supermodel Sophie Dahl has infuriated her neighbors in a small rural village with plans to erect a tall fence around the house she shares with singer husband Jamie Cullum. The blonde beauty and the jazz musician asked for planning permission to build a privacy barrier around their $4.5 million marital home in Buckinghamshire, England.
But locals feared the construction would be an eyesore, prompting the residents' association to deny the request. Instead, the statuesque model has been forced to agree to a fence no higher than 4 feet, 6 inches (1.4 meters).
An insider tells Britain's Mail On Sunday, "Sophie wanted a significantly taller fence and gate as she doesn't want people snooping. The problem was, the residents didn't want it." Neighbors are also concerned about rumors Cullum has built a recording studio in the property.
A source adds, "Some of the neighbors are worried that there will be lots of noise. The houses are all very close to one another and it's a very small community. Building work finished almost a year ago but they kept up huge fences that had been used to shield the house during the work for months afterward. Frankly, if Sophie wants privacy she has chosen the wrong house."
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media