Neighbors Upset About Sophie Dahl's Tall Fence Plans
Supermodel Sophie Dahl has infuriated her neighbors in a small rural village with plans to erect a tall fence around the house she shares with singer husband Jamie Cullum. The blonde beauty and the jazz musician asked for planning permission to build a privacy barrier around their $4.5 million marital home in Buckinghamshire, England.
But locals feared the construction would be an eyesore, prompting the residents' association to deny the request. Instead, the statuesque model has been forced to agree to a fence no higher than 4 feet, 6 inches (1.4 meters).
An insider tells Britain's Mail On Sunday, "Sophie wanted a significantly taller fence and gate as she doesn't want people snooping. The problem was, the residents didn't want it." Neighbors are also concerned about rumors Cullum has built a recording studio in the property.
A source adds, "Some of the neighbors are worried that there will be lots of noise. The houses are all very close to one another and it's a very small community. Building work finished almost a year ago but they kept up huge fences that had been used to shield the house during the work for months afterward. Frankly, if Sophie wants privacy she has chosen the wrong house."
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit