Health Officials Investigating Mould in Brittany Murphy and Husband's Case
Health officials are investigating the deaths of Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack over claims mould in their marital home may have contributed to the couple's demise. Authorities at California's Department of Public Health are inspecting the Hollywood Hills mansion the pair shared before tragically dying within five months of each other.
The "Clueless" star's mother Sharon, who also lived at the property, is believed to have refused the Los Angeles County Coroner entrance to the house to investigate mould while looking into the actress' death in December 2009. But Sharon has now agreed to a survey by Public Health officers following Monjack's shock passing in May, reports TMZ.
The couple, who married in 2007, both had pneumonia and anemia listed as causes of death in their respective coroner's reports. It is alleged the mould could have affected their respiratory health.
More Brittany Murphy News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'