Tom Cruise Hopes to Land Role in West End
Tom Cruise is hoping to follow his wife Katie Holmes into theater - he wants to land a role in London's West End. The Hollywood actor was immensely proud when his partner starred in a Broadway production of "Arthur Miller's All My Sons" in 2008, and he admits Holmes' stage debut has made him consider treading the boards himself.
And Cruise is convinced London would be the ideal location to launch his theater career. He tells Britain's Evening Standard, "I'd really like to do the stage at some point."
In another news, Tom Cruise were made honorary members of the Tour De France on Friday, July 23 with Cameron Diaz after they were presented with ceremonial yellow jerseys by the race's current leader. The Hollywood stars, who are in Europe promoting their new movie "Knight & Day", flew to the country to watch the action as the legendary cycle race nears its conclusion, and they met with cycling superstar Alberto Contador who is tipped to win the event on Sunday, July 25.
Contador presented the actors with their own yellow jerseys, the symbolic shirts worn by the leader of the race, and he told them, "Here is a yellow jersey, which I hope to win on Sunday."
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton