Guillermo del Toro's 'Haunted Mansion' Debuts Poster
Fantasy director Guillermo del Toro has been tapped to turn Disney's chilling theme park ride Haunted Mansion into a new 3-D movie. The "Pan's Labyrinth" filmmaker will co-write the screenplay and direct and produce the live-action "The Haunted Mansion (2013)".
It will be Disney's second attempt to take film audiences on a tour of the horror property - Eddie Murphy starred in a supernatural comedy also called "The Haunted Mansion" in 2003. But Del Toro's project will have no connection to the Murphy movie and he has warned fans to expect a scary ride.
He tells trade paper Daily Variety, "We will make the Haunted Mansion the most haunted place on Earth. We are not making it a comedy. We will make it scary and fun at the same time. For me, the Mansion needs to be the haunted house movie for this generation."
Del Toro made the announcement on Thursday, July 22 during an appearance at the 2010 Comic-Con in San Diego, California. Soon after, a poster from the film has been launched.
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'