Guillermo del Toro's 'Haunted Mansion' Debuts Poster
Fantasy director Guillermo del Toro has been tapped to turn Disney's chilling theme park ride Haunted Mansion into a new 3-D movie. The "Pan's Labyrinth" filmmaker will co-write the screenplay and direct and produce the live-action "The Haunted Mansion (2013)".
It will be Disney's second attempt to take film audiences on a tour of the horror property - Eddie Murphy starred in a supernatural comedy also called "The Haunted Mansion" in 2003. But Del Toro's project will have no connection to the Murphy movie and he has warned fans to expect a scary ride.
He tells trade paper Daily Variety, "We will make the Haunted Mansion the most haunted place on Earth. We are not making it a comedy. We will make it scary and fun at the same time. For me, the Mansion needs to be the haunted house movie for this generation."
Del Toro made the announcement on Thursday, July 22 during an appearance at the 2010 Comic-Con in San Diego, California. Soon after, a poster from the film has been launched.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked