Guillermo del Toro's 'Haunted Mansion' Debuts Poster
Fantasy director Guillermo del Toro has been tapped to turn Disney's chilling theme park ride Haunted Mansion into a new 3-D movie. The "Pan's Labyrinth" filmmaker will co-write the screenplay and direct and produce the live-action "The Haunted Mansion (2013)".
It will be Disney's second attempt to take film audiences on a tour of the horror property - Eddie Murphy starred in a supernatural comedy also called "The Haunted Mansion" in 2003. But Del Toro's project will have no connection to the Murphy movie and he has warned fans to expect a scary ride.
He tells trade paper Daily Variety, "We will make the Haunted Mansion the most haunted place on Earth. We are not making it a comedy. We will make it scary and fun at the same time. For me, the Mansion needs to be the haunted house movie for this generation."
Del Toro made the announcement on Thursday, July 22 during an appearance at the 2010 Comic-Con in San Diego, California. Soon after, a poster from the film has been launched.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage