Guillermo del Toro's 'Haunted Mansion' Debuts Poster
Fantasy director Guillermo del Toro has been tapped to turn Disney's chilling theme park ride Haunted Mansion into a new 3-D movie. The "Pan's Labyrinth" filmmaker will co-write the screenplay and direct and produce the live-action "The Haunted Mansion (2013)".
It will be Disney's second attempt to take film audiences on a tour of the horror property - Eddie Murphy starred in a supernatural comedy also called "The Haunted Mansion" in 2003. But Del Toro's project will have no connection to the Murphy movie and he has warned fans to expect a scary ride.
He tells trade paper Daily Variety, "We will make the Haunted Mansion the most haunted place on Earth. We are not making it a comedy. We will make it scary and fun at the same time. For me, the Mansion needs to be the haunted house movie for this generation."
Del Toro made the announcement on Thursday, July 22 during an appearance at the 2010 Comic-Con in San Diego, California. Soon after, a poster from the film has been launched.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic