Guillermo del Toro's 'Haunted Mansion' Debuts Poster
Fantasy director Guillermo del Toro has been tapped to turn Disney's chilling theme park ride Haunted Mansion into a new 3-D movie. The "Pan's Labyrinth" filmmaker will co-write the screenplay and direct and produce the live-action "The Haunted Mansion (2013)".
It will be Disney's second attempt to take film audiences on a tour of the horror property - Eddie Murphy starred in a supernatural comedy also called "The Haunted Mansion" in 2003. But Del Toro's project will have no connection to the Murphy movie and he has warned fans to expect a scary ride.
He tells trade paper Daily Variety, "We will make the Haunted Mansion the most haunted place on Earth. We are not making it a comedy. We will make it scary and fun at the same time. For me, the Mansion needs to be the haunted house movie for this generation."
Del Toro made the announcement on Thursday, July 22 during an appearance at the 2010 Comic-Con in San Diego, California. Soon after, a poster from the film has been launched.
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters
- Halsey Slams Quavo, Calls Iggy Azalea a 'F**king Moron'
- Choa Announces She's Leaving AOA, Insists It's Not Because She's Pregnant
- Will Jared Leto Reprise The Joker Role for Harley Quinn Spin-Off?
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Posts Lowest Opening in the Franchise
- Ashton Kutcher Claims He Had Hooking Up Agreement With Mila Kunis
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?