Kevin Connolly Offers Himself to Direct 'Entourage' Movie
"Entourage" star Kevin Connolly has put himself forward as a potential candidate to direct a planned movie version of the hit TV series. The comedy/drama, executive produced by Mark Wahlberg, will come to an end after its eighth season airs in 2011, and plans are already underway for a big screen spin-off featuring the original cast, including Connolly.
The actor has already directed an episode of the show, and he's eager to step behind the camera once more for the "Entourage" film. He says, "I'm throwing my hat into the ring. I want to be considered. I want to direct the movie."
The actor admits the huge popularity of the "Sex and the City" films, developed from the hit TV series of the same name, was critical in "Entourage" 's transition from the small screen and he wants to be responsible for emulating the success. Connolly adds, "I tell you, I never thought I'd be so happy to see 'Sex and the City' as a movie. When that movie came out and it did well, it opened the door for us, but I definitely want to make a movie. I'm starting this rumour that I'm the frontrunner to direct!"
In another news, Kevin Connolly admits that he has invested his hard-earned cash in a New York restaurant he's never been to. The actor and his TV co-star Kevin Dillon were reported to have lent their backing to the new owners of Siro's in Saratoga Springs, a popular eatery next door to a racetrack in eastern New York.
But Connolly confesses he blindly handed over his cash after being tipped off about the deal by his business adviser, mortgage banker Keith Kantrowitz. He says, "I've never been, which is ridiculous, I know. It's a legendary place. Siro's is the spot. My business manager told me to do it!"
- Watch James Franco and Keegan Allen Get Steamy in First Trailer for 'King Cobra'
- Katy Perry Vows She'll Vote Naked for Hillary Clinton
- Lupita Nyong'o Has Alter Ego Named TROUBLEMAKER. See Her Rapping Skills!
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game