Scarlett Johansson Allegedly Replacing Angelina Jolie in 'Gravity'
Scarlett Johansson is preparing to reunite with her "Iron Man 2" co-star Robert Downey Jr. after replacing Angelina Jolie in new sci-fi movie "Gravity", according to a report. The "Wanted (2008)" beauty was originally offered the role as director Alfonso Cuaron's leading lady in the upcoming 3-D film, but she declined and now Johansson has "verbally agreed" to star.
The New York Daily News claims Downey, Jr. is slated to appear alongside the "Lost in Translation" actress in what Cuaron is allegedly touting as "the most ambitious film, technology-wise, since Avatar".
Sci-fi epic "Avatar", directed by James Cameron, was lauded for its stunning 3-D effects and won Oscars for Art Direction, Cinematography and Visual Effects at the Academy Awards earlier this year. It also became the world's highest grossing film of all time after earning more than $2 billion at the global box office, beating the previous record of $1.8 billion set by Cameron's last smash hit, "Titanic".
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick