Scarlett Johansson Allegedly Replacing Angelina Jolie in 'Gravity'
Scarlett Johansson is preparing to reunite with her "Iron Man 2" co-star Robert Downey Jr. after replacing Angelina Jolie in new sci-fi movie "Gravity", according to a report. The "Wanted (2008)" beauty was originally offered the role as director Alfonso Cuaron's leading lady in the upcoming 3-D film, but she declined and now Johansson has "verbally agreed" to star.
The New York Daily News claims Downey, Jr. is slated to appear alongside the "Lost in Translation" actress in what Cuaron is allegedly touting as "the most ambitious film, technology-wise, since Avatar".
Sci-fi epic "Avatar", directed by James Cameron, was lauded for its stunning 3-D effects and won Oscars for Art Direction, Cinematography and Visual Effects at the Academy Awards earlier this year. It also became the world's highest grossing film of all time after earning more than $2 billion at the global box office, beating the previous record of $1.8 billion set by Cameron's last smash hit, "Titanic".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic