Scarlett Johansson Allegedly Replacing Angelina Jolie in 'Gravity'
Scarlett Johansson is preparing to reunite with her "Iron Man 2" co-star Robert Downey Jr. after replacing Angelina Jolie in new sci-fi movie "Gravity", according to a report. The "Wanted (2008)" beauty was originally offered the role as director Alfonso Cuaron's leading lady in the upcoming 3-D film, but she declined and now Johansson has "verbally agreed" to star.
The New York Daily News claims Downey, Jr. is slated to appear alongside the "Lost in Translation" actress in what Cuaron is allegedly touting as "the most ambitious film, technology-wise, since Avatar".
Sci-fi epic "Avatar", directed by James Cameron, was lauded for its stunning 3-D effects and won Oscars for Art Direction, Cinematography and Visual Effects at the Academy Awards earlier this year. It also became the world's highest grossing film of all time after earning more than $2 billion at the global box office, beating the previous record of $1.8 billion set by Cameron's last smash hit, "Titanic".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences