Scarlett Johansson Allegedly Replacing Angelina Jolie in 'Gravity'
Scarlett Johansson is preparing to reunite with her "Iron Man 2" co-star Robert Downey Jr. after replacing Angelina Jolie in new sci-fi movie "Gravity", according to a report. The "Wanted (2008)" beauty was originally offered the role as director Alfonso Cuaron's leading lady in the upcoming 3-D film, but she declined and now Johansson has "verbally agreed" to star.
The New York Daily News claims Downey, Jr. is slated to appear alongside the "Lost in Translation" actress in what Cuaron is allegedly touting as "the most ambitious film, technology-wise, since Avatar".
Sci-fi epic "Avatar", directed by James Cameron, was lauded for its stunning 3-D effects and won Oscars for Art Direction, Cinematography and Visual Effects at the Academy Awards earlier this year. It also became the world's highest grossing film of all time after earning more than $2 billion at the global box office, beating the previous record of $1.8 billion set by Cameron's last smash hit, "Titanic".
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer