Scarlett Johansson Allegedly Replacing Angelina Jolie in 'Gravity'
Scarlett Johansson is preparing to reunite with her "Iron Man 2" co-star Robert Downey Jr. after replacing Angelina Jolie in new sci-fi movie "Gravity", according to a report. The "Wanted (2008)" beauty was originally offered the role as director Alfonso Cuaron's leading lady in the upcoming 3-D film, but she declined and now Johansson has "verbally agreed" to star.
The New York Daily News claims Downey, Jr. is slated to appear alongside the "Lost in Translation" actress in what Cuaron is allegedly touting as "the most ambitious film, technology-wise, since Avatar".
Sci-fi epic "Avatar", directed by James Cameron, was lauded for its stunning 3-D effects and won Oscars for Art Direction, Cinematography and Visual Effects at the Academy Awards earlier this year. It also became the world's highest grossing film of all time after earning more than $2 billion at the global box office, beating the previous record of $1.8 billion set by Cameron's last smash hit, "Titanic".
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt