Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.'s Ex-Wife Suspended From Driving
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.'s estranged wife has been banned from the road for 90 days following her arrest for driving while intoxicated (DWI) in May. Mary Richardson Kennedy was taken into custody on May 15 after police allegedly witnessed her drive her car onto a sidewalk outside a school in Bedford, New York.
She pleaded not guilty to the DWI accusation and was ordered to return to court this month. However, on Thursday, July 22 she struck a deal with prosecutors to avoid jail time and pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of driving with ability impaired. Bedford Town Court Justice Kevin Quaranta suspended her driving license for 90 days and fined her $500, while she was ordered to attend two alcohol education classes and submit quarterly reports from a psychiatrist.
Her May arrest came days after cops were called to the Kennedy family home following two separate distress calls, although no further action was taken following the incident. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., the son of assassinated politician Robert F. Kennedy, filed for divorce from his wife of 16 years after the 911 incidents.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now