Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.'s Ex-Wife Suspended From Driving
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.'s estranged wife has been banned from the road for 90 days following her arrest for driving while intoxicated (DWI) in May. Mary Richardson Kennedy was taken into custody on May 15 after police allegedly witnessed her drive her car onto a sidewalk outside a school in Bedford, New York.
She pleaded not guilty to the DWI accusation and was ordered to return to court this month. However, on Thursday, July 22 she struck a deal with prosecutors to avoid jail time and pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of driving with ability impaired. Bedford Town Court Justice Kevin Quaranta suspended her driving license for 90 days and fined her $500, while she was ordered to attend two alcohol education classes and submit quarterly reports from a psychiatrist.
Her May arrest came days after cops were called to the Kennedy family home following two separate distress calls, although no further action was taken following the incident. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., the son of assassinated politician Robert F. Kennedy, filed for divorce from his wife of 16 years after the 911 incidents.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance