Bill Murray Suffers Nasty Head Wound During 'Dumpster Dive' Stunt
Bill Murray was left bleeding from a nasty head wound after injuring himself during a 'dumpster dive' stunt for a U.S. TV show on Wednesday, July 21. The "Ghostbusters" funnyman leaped into a makeshift dumpster swimming pool filled with garbage as part of a skit for the "Late Show with David Letterman" to mock official plans for trash-bin swimming holes in New York City.
But Murray's funny moment went awry when he banged his head in the jump and staggered back on to the show's set covered in blood. The actor bravely continued his interview with the host, and producers were able to patch up his injury during a break in filming.
A rep tells the New York Post, "He did hit his head on the dumpster and was bleeding during the interview with Letterman, but the producers patched him up in the commercial break." Murray later canceled plans to attend a screening of his new film "Get Low in Manhattan" in order to recover from his traumatic day.
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards