Bill Murray Suffers Nasty Head Wound During 'Dumpster Dive' Stunt
Bill Murray was left bleeding from a nasty head wound after injuring himself during a 'dumpster dive' stunt for a U.S. TV show on Wednesday, July 21. The "Ghostbusters" funnyman leaped into a makeshift dumpster swimming pool filled with garbage as part of a skit for the "Late Show with David Letterman" to mock official plans for trash-bin swimming holes in New York City.
But Murray's funny moment went awry when he banged his head in the jump and staggered back on to the show's set covered in blood. The actor bravely continued his interview with the host, and producers were able to patch up his injury during a break in filming.
A rep tells the New York Post, "He did hit his head on the dumpster and was bleeding during the interview with Letterman, but the producers patched him up in the commercial break." Murray later canceled plans to attend a screening of his new film "Get Low in Manhattan" in order to recover from his traumatic day.
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.
- Emotional Ariana Grande Seen for the First Time After Manchester Concert Bombing