Bill Murray Suffers Nasty Head Wound During 'Dumpster Dive' Stunt
Bill Murray was left bleeding from a nasty head wound after injuring himself during a 'dumpster dive' stunt for a U.S. TV show on Wednesday, July 21. The "Ghostbusters" funnyman leaped into a makeshift dumpster swimming pool filled with garbage as part of a skit for the "Late Show with David Letterman" to mock official plans for trash-bin swimming holes in New York City.
But Murray's funny moment went awry when he banged his head in the jump and staggered back on to the show's set covered in blood. The actor bravely continued his interview with the host, and producers were able to patch up his injury during a break in filming.
A rep tells the New York Post, "He did hit his head on the dumpster and was bleeding during the interview with Letterman, but the producers patched him up in the commercial break." Murray later canceled plans to attend a screening of his new film "Get Low in Manhattan" in order to recover from his traumatic day.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'