Bill Murray Suffers Nasty Head Wound During 'Dumpster Dive' Stunt
Bill Murray was left bleeding from a nasty head wound after injuring himself during a 'dumpster dive' stunt for a U.S. TV show on Wednesday, July 21. The "Ghostbusters" funnyman leaped into a makeshift dumpster swimming pool filled with garbage as part of a skit for the "Late Show with David Letterman" to mock official plans for trash-bin swimming holes in New York City.
But Murray's funny moment went awry when he banged his head in the jump and staggered back on to the show's set covered in blood. The actor bravely continued his interview with the host, and producers were able to patch up his injury during a break in filming.
A rep tells the New York Post, "He did hit his head on the dumpster and was bleeding during the interview with Letterman, but the producers patched him up in the commercial break." Murray later canceled plans to attend a screening of his new film "Get Low in Manhattan" in order to recover from his traumatic day.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'