Bill Murray Suffers Nasty Head Wound During 'Dumpster Dive' Stunt
Bill Murray was left bleeding from a nasty head wound after injuring himself during a 'dumpster dive' stunt for a U.S. TV show on Wednesday, July 21. The "Ghostbusters" funnyman leaped into a makeshift dumpster swimming pool filled with garbage as part of a skit for the "Late Show with David Letterman" to mock official plans for trash-bin swimming holes in New York City.
But Murray's funny moment went awry when he banged his head in the jump and staggered back on to the show's set covered in blood. The actor bravely continued his interview with the host, and producers were able to patch up his injury during a break in filming.
A rep tells the New York Post, "He did hit his head on the dumpster and was bleeding during the interview with Letterman, but the producers patched him up in the commercial break." Murray later canceled plans to attend a screening of his new film "Get Low in Manhattan" in order to recover from his traumatic day.
More Bill Murray News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch