Legal Battle Over 'Precious' Resolved
A legal battle between two movie companies involved with Oscar-winning film "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" has been "amicably resolved" out of court. Executives at production powerhouses Lionsgate Films and The Weinstein Co. sued each other in February last year over rights to 2009's "Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire."
A notice of dismissal was filed in Los Angeles on Thursday, July 22 and Lionsgate attorney Matthew Gershman has confirmed movie bosses managed to thrash out a deal. The lawyer tells Reuters, "The matter was amicably resolved to both parties' mutual satisfaction." No details about the agreement have been issued.
Starring Gabourey Sidibe and Mariah Carey among others, the drama tells the story of Claireece "Precious" Jones, a sixteen-year-old African-American girl born into a life no one would want. It claimed prizes and good accolades when premiered in November last year.
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues