Elizabeth Taylor Denies Biopic Starring Angelina Jolie
Elizabeth Taylor has dismissed reports Angelina Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones are battling it out to portray her in a movie biopic, insisting no actress will be allowed to take the part during her lifetime.
Rumors began swirling earlier this month linking the two Oscar winners to a film adaptation of Sam Kashner and Nancy Schoenberger's book "Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century." Russell Crowe, Clive Owen and Colin Farrell were among the big names being suggested as possible Burtons, while Mike Nichols was named as a favored director.
But Taylor has now slammed the speculation, insisting there is no movie and she would never let such a project go ahead. In a series of posts on her Twitter.com page she writes, "Hold your horses world. I've been hearing all kinds of rumors about someone being cast to play me in a film about Richard and myself. No one is going to play Elizabeth Taylor, but Elizabeth Taylor herself. Not at least until I'm dead, and at the moment I'm having too much fun being alive ...and I plan on staying that way. Happiness to all."
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna