Elizabeth Taylor Denies Biopic Starring Angelina Jolie
Elizabeth Taylor has dismissed reports Angelina Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones are battling it out to portray her in a movie biopic, insisting no actress will be allowed to take the part during her lifetime.
Rumors began swirling earlier this month linking the two Oscar winners to a film adaptation of Sam Kashner and Nancy Schoenberger's book "Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century." Russell Crowe, Clive Owen and Colin Farrell were among the big names being suggested as possible Burtons, while Mike Nichols was named as a favored director.
But Taylor has now slammed the speculation, insisting there is no movie and she would never let such a project go ahead. In a series of posts on her Twitter.com page she writes, "Hold your horses world. I've been hearing all kinds of rumors about someone being cast to play me in a film about Richard and myself. No one is going to play Elizabeth Taylor, but Elizabeth Taylor herself. Not at least until I'm dead, and at the moment I'm having too much fun being alive ...and I plan on staying that way. Happiness to all."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story