Elizabeth Taylor Denies Biopic Starring Angelina Jolie
Elizabeth Taylor has dismissed reports Angelina Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones are battling it out to portray her in a movie biopic, insisting no actress will be allowed to take the part during her lifetime.
Rumors began swirling earlier this month linking the two Oscar winners to a film adaptation of Sam Kashner and Nancy Schoenberger's book "Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century." Russell Crowe, Clive Owen and Colin Farrell were among the big names being suggested as possible Burtons, while Mike Nichols was named as a favored director.
But Taylor has now slammed the speculation, insisting there is no movie and she would never let such a project go ahead. In a series of posts on her Twitter.com page she writes, "Hold your horses world. I've been hearing all kinds of rumors about someone being cast to play me in a film about Richard and myself. No one is going to play Elizabeth Taylor, but Elizabeth Taylor herself. Not at least until I'm dead, and at the moment I'm having too much fun being alive ...and I plan on staying that way. Happiness to all."
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2