Elizabeth Taylor Denies Biopic Starring Angelina Jolie
Elizabeth Taylor has dismissed reports Angelina Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones are battling it out to portray her in a movie biopic, insisting no actress will be allowed to take the part during her lifetime.
Rumors began swirling earlier this month linking the two Oscar winners to a film adaptation of Sam Kashner and Nancy Schoenberger's book "Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century." Russell Crowe, Clive Owen and Colin Farrell were among the big names being suggested as possible Burtons, while Mike Nichols was named as a favored director.
But Taylor has now slammed the speculation, insisting there is no movie and she would never let such a project go ahead. In a series of posts on her Twitter.com page she writes, "Hold your horses world. I've been hearing all kinds of rumors about someone being cast to play me in a film about Richard and myself. No one is going to play Elizabeth Taylor, but Elizabeth Taylor herself. Not at least until I'm dead, and at the moment I'm having too much fun being alive ...and I plan on staying that way. Happiness to all."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up