Taylor Swift Reveals Why She Chose Toby Hemingway as Her 'Groom'
Taylor Swift hand-picked the groom for her new video "Mine" from a film. The country sensation was struck by Brit actor Toby Hemingway as she watched his performance in "Feast of Love" - and now she gets to pretend to be his bride.
She tells People.com, "I just loved that movie and thought Toby was so great that I thought it would be perfect to put him in the video." And she knew she'd found her perfect onscreen groom when she watched another film featuring the 27 year old, which included her favorite number 13.
She adds, "I was doing some more research and watched another movie he was in, called The Covenant. I've got this crazy 13 lucky thing, and he walks on screen for the first time wearing a sweatshirt with a 13 on it! That was the deciding factor. It wasn't really up to me, it was about the number."
Hemingway isn't the first hunk to play husband-to-be in a Swift video - Miley Cyrus' ex-boyfriend Justin Gaston was her love interest in her Romeo & Juliet-themed "Love Story" promo.
More Taylor Swift News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'