Carrie Underwood Breaks 'American Idol' Record
Carrie Underwood has another reason to celebrate two weeks after marrying ice hockey star Mike Fisher. She has just scored a new post-"American Idol" record.
The country star has become the first 'Idol' contestant to go seven-times platinum after landing seven million sales of her debut album "Some Hearts". Underwood heard the news while honeymooning with Fisher on the French Polynesian islands.
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher began dating after they met at one of Carrie's concerts in 2008. The pair got engaged in December 2009 before they finally tied the knot at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, in Georgia, on Saturday night, July 10 this year. Post the wedding, they released a statement which read, "We could not feel more blessed to have found each other and to have shared this day with our friends and family that mean so much to us."
More Carrie Underwood News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert