Carrie Underwood Breaks 'American Idol' Record
Carrie Underwood has another reason to celebrate two weeks after marrying ice hockey star Mike Fisher. She has just scored a new post-"American Idol" record.
The country star has become the first 'Idol' contestant to go seven-times platinum after landing seven million sales of her debut album "Some Hearts". Underwood heard the news while honeymooning with Fisher on the French Polynesian islands.
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher began dating after they met at one of Carrie's concerts in 2008. The pair got engaged in December 2009 before they finally tied the knot at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, in Georgia, on Saturday night, July 10 this year. Post the wedding, they released a statement which read, "We could not feel more blessed to have found each other and to have shared this day with our friends and family that mean so much to us."
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna