Carrie Underwood Breaks 'American Idol' Record
Carrie Underwood has another reason to celebrate two weeks after marrying ice hockey star Mike Fisher. She has just scored a new post-"American Idol" record.
The country star has become the first 'Idol' contestant to go seven-times platinum after landing seven million sales of her debut album "Some Hearts". Underwood heard the news while honeymooning with Fisher on the French Polynesian islands.
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher began dating after they met at one of Carrie's concerts in 2008. The pair got engaged in December 2009 before they finally tied the knot at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, in Georgia, on Saturday night, July 10 this year. Post the wedding, they released a statement which read, "We could not feel more blessed to have found each other and to have shared this day with our friends and family that mean so much to us."
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell