Carrie Underwood Breaks 'American Idol' Record
Carrie Underwood has another reason to celebrate two weeks after marrying ice hockey star Mike Fisher. She has just scored a new post-"American Idol" record.
The country star has become the first 'Idol' contestant to go seven-times platinum after landing seven million sales of her debut album "Some Hearts". Underwood heard the news while honeymooning with Fisher on the French Polynesian islands.
Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher began dating after they met at one of Carrie's concerts in 2008. The pair got engaged in December 2009 before they finally tied the knot at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, in Georgia, on Saturday night, July 10 this year. Post the wedding, they released a statement which read, "We could not feel more blessed to have found each other and to have shared this day with our friends and family that mean so much to us."
More Carrie Underwood News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host