The-Dream Filed for Divorce When Christina Milian Was Pregnant
Singer/producer The-Dream knew his marriage to Christina Milian was over before she gave birth to their first child together - he filed for divorce just nine days before she became a mum. The R&B stars eloped in September 2009 and pop star Milian announced her pregnancy weeks later.
They exchanged vows for a second time in Rome, Italy in December 2009 and welcomed their daughter Violet in February, the following year. The-Dream, real name Terius Nash, recently opened up about his "failed" marriage to Milian after it emerged they had parted ways late 2009.
They decided to keep the split news secret for the sake of their baby, but documents obtained by TMZ now reveal The-Dream moved to have the marriage dissolved on February 17, just before little Violet was born on February 26.
In the court documents, filed in Georgia, The-Dream claims the marriage is "irretrievably broken" and states, "There is no hope for reconciliation." It's The-Dream's second failed marriage - he was previously wed to singer Nivea, with whom he has three children.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says