The-Dream Filed for Divorce When Christina Milian Was Pregnant
Singer/producer The-Dream knew his marriage to Christina Milian was over before she gave birth to their first child together - he filed for divorce just nine days before she became a mum. The R&B stars eloped in September 2009 and pop star Milian announced her pregnancy weeks later.
They exchanged vows for a second time in Rome, Italy in December 2009 and welcomed their daughter Violet in February, the following year. The-Dream, real name Terius Nash, recently opened up about his "failed" marriage to Milian after it emerged they had parted ways late 2009.
They decided to keep the split news secret for the sake of their baby, but documents obtained by TMZ now reveal The-Dream moved to have the marriage dissolved on February 17, just before little Violet was born on February 26.
In the court documents, filed in Georgia, The-Dream claims the marriage is "irretrievably broken" and states, "There is no hope for reconciliation." It's The-Dream's second failed marriage - he was previously wed to singer Nivea, with whom he has three children.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'