'Spartacus: Blood and Sand' Fans in New Zealand Not Able to See Lucy Lawless Naked
Fans of voluptuous Lucy Lawless in the actress' native New Zealand have yet to see the star in all her glory because naked scenes in her hit TV epic "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" were censored in her homeland. The "Xena: Warrior Princess" star stripped off for her first full-frontal scenes in the gritty ancient Rome saga, in which she played sex-loving high society schemer Lucretia.
But fans back home in New Zealand never got the chance to see their favorite daughter naked. She says, "There's a PG version (in New Zealand)."
"Spartacus: Blood and Sand" focuses on the historical figure of Spartacus, played by Andy Whitfield, a Thracian gladiator who from 73 to 71 BC led a major slave uprising against the Roman Republic. The series also features Erin Cummings, John Hannah, Peter Mensah and Manu Bennett.
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri