Director Wants Ben Affleck and Tom Cruise in 'Salt' Sequel
Angelina Jolie's dreams of returning to the big screen as top spy Evelyn Salt look like becoming a reality - director Phillip Noyce wants to make a sequel. And the ambitious director would like Ben Affleck and Tom Cruise, who was originally slated to play "Salt", to guest in the film.
Noyce tells E! Online, "Hopefully within a couple of years, we'll have one (sequel). Angelina's so great in this part that when audiences see the movie they're going to feel like it's only just the beginning. I think we should have (Cruise's "Mission: Impossible" character) Ethan Hunt and (Affleck's "The Sum of All Fears" character) Jack Ryan chasing down Salt."
"Salt" is released in U.S. theaters on July 23. Beside starring Angelina Jolie, the thriller film also features Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Zoe Lister Jones and Yara Shahidi.
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'
- 'American Horror Story' Crossover Season Details: Sarah Paulson Could Be Playing 18 Characters
- Kourtney Kardashian Cradles Baby Doll While Covering Her Belly in New Pic