Director Wants Ben Affleck and Tom Cruise in 'Salt' Sequel
Angelina Jolie's dreams of returning to the big screen as top spy Evelyn Salt look like becoming a reality - director Phillip Noyce wants to make a sequel. And the ambitious director would like Ben Affleck and Tom Cruise, who was originally slated to play "Salt", to guest in the film.
Noyce tells E! Online, "Hopefully within a couple of years, we'll have one (sequel). Angelina's so great in this part that when audiences see the movie they're going to feel like it's only just the beginning. I think we should have (Cruise's "Mission: Impossible" character) Ethan Hunt and (Affleck's "The Sum of All Fears" character) Jack Ryan chasing down Salt."
"Salt" is released in U.S. theaters on July 23. Beside starring Angelina Jolie, the thriller film also features Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Zoe Lister Jones and Yara Shahidi.
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role