Director Wants Ben Affleck and Tom Cruise in 'Salt' Sequel
Angelina Jolie's dreams of returning to the big screen as top spy Evelyn Salt look like becoming a reality - director Phillip Noyce wants to make a sequel. And the ambitious director would like Ben Affleck and Tom Cruise, who was originally slated to play "Salt", to guest in the film.
Noyce tells E! Online, "Hopefully within a couple of years, we'll have one (sequel). Angelina's so great in this part that when audiences see the movie they're going to feel like it's only just the beginning. I think we should have (Cruise's "Mission: Impossible" character) Ethan Hunt and (Affleck's "The Sum of All Fears" character) Jack Ryan chasing down Salt."
"Salt" is released in U.S. theaters on July 23. Beside starring Angelina Jolie, the thriller film also features Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Zoe Lister Jones and Yara Shahidi.
More Salt News
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC