Director Wants Ben Affleck and Tom Cruise in 'Salt' Sequel
Angelina Jolie's dreams of returning to the big screen as top spy Evelyn Salt look like becoming a reality - director Phillip Noyce wants to make a sequel. And the ambitious director would like Ben Affleck and Tom Cruise, who was originally slated to play "Salt", to guest in the film.
Noyce tells E! Online, "Hopefully within a couple of years, we'll have one (sequel). Angelina's so great in this part that when audiences see the movie they're going to feel like it's only just the beginning. I think we should have (Cruise's "Mission: Impossible" character) Ethan Hunt and (Affleck's "The Sum of All Fears" character) Jack Ryan chasing down Salt."
"Salt" is released in U.S. theaters on July 23. Beside starring Angelina Jolie, the thriller film also features Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Zoe Lister Jones and Yara Shahidi.
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure