Director Wants Ben Affleck and Tom Cruise in 'Salt' Sequel
Angelina Jolie's dreams of returning to the big screen as top spy Evelyn Salt look like becoming a reality - director Phillip Noyce wants to make a sequel. And the ambitious director would like Ben Affleck and Tom Cruise, who was originally slated to play "Salt", to guest in the film.
Noyce tells E! Online, "Hopefully within a couple of years, we'll have one (sequel). Angelina's so great in this part that when audiences see the movie they're going to feel like it's only just the beginning. I think we should have (Cruise's "Mission: Impossible" character) Ethan Hunt and (Affleck's "The Sum of All Fears" character) Jack Ryan chasing down Salt."
"Salt" is released in U.S. theaters on July 23. Beside starring Angelina Jolie, the thriller film also features Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Zoe Lister Jones and Yara Shahidi.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo