Kid Cudi Clears Up Drug Arrest Report
Rapper Kid Cudi has quit hard drugs following his arrest in June for possession of a controlled substance. The "Day 'N' Nite" hitmaker, real name Scott Mescudi, was taken into custody last month after allegedly smashing a woman's cellphone and breaking the door of her apartment off its hinges.
Cops found a glass bottle of a controlled substance at the scene and he was charged with the drug count, in addition to felony criminal mischief. Reports suggested the substance was liquid cocaine. Cudi addressed the controversy during a concert in Brooklyn, New York on Tuesday, July 20 when he spoke out to clear up rumours about his drug use, reports AllHipHop.com.
He assured fans he had kicked his more serious vices and was now just a marijuana addict, insisting he was not planning on joining the list of tragic musicians who lost their lives at the age of 27. He told the crowd, "I know you guys were hearing some s**t about me in the news. I was wilding out and s**t, but I'm good now. I just smoke weed. I know n**gers die when they 27 (sic). I'm 26 now, but I promise I'll live 'til I'm old as s**t."
Late rockers Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin are all members of the so-called '27 Club'.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off