Kid Cudi Clears Up Drug Arrest Report
Rapper Kid Cudi has quit hard drugs following his arrest in June for possession of a controlled substance. The "Day 'N' Nite" hitmaker, real name Scott Mescudi, was taken into custody last month after allegedly smashing a woman's cellphone and breaking the door of her apartment off its hinges.
Cops found a glass bottle of a controlled substance at the scene and he was charged with the drug count, in addition to felony criminal mischief. Reports suggested the substance was liquid cocaine. Cudi addressed the controversy during a concert in Brooklyn, New York on Tuesday, July 20 when he spoke out to clear up rumours about his drug use, reports AllHipHop.com.
He assured fans he had kicked his more serious vices and was now just a marijuana addict, insisting he was not planning on joining the list of tragic musicians who lost their lives at the age of 27. He told the crowd, "I know you guys were hearing some s**t about me in the news. I was wilding out and s**t, but I'm good now. I just smoke weed. I know n**gers die when they 27 (sic). I'm 26 now, but I promise I'll live 'til I'm old as s**t."
Late rockers Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin are all members of the so-called '27 Club'.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival