Kevin Costner's Lawsuit Against Music Promoter Dismissed
Actor-turned-singer Kevin Costner has dropped a multi-million dollar lawsuit against a music promoter he accused of reneging on a deal to book shows for his band. The "Bodyguard" star fronts the Kevin Costner Band in between making movies and signed an agreement with bosses at Mahee Worldwide Ventures Inc. to secure five concerts a year for the group and keep their website updated.
But the deal turned sour and Costner sued the company in a Los Angeles court in 2007, alleging the promoters failed to honor the contract to support his music career. However, the $8.5 million (5.7 million pound sterling) case has now been dismissed, according to court filings lodged last week. No further details were given in the legal documents.
The lawsuit had been delayed for years after Mahee's bosses filed for bankruptcy. Costner now jams with rock band Modern West.
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split