'Purr by Katy Perry' Perfume to Launch in November
Katy Perry has become the latest celebrity to launch a perfume line - she is preparing to debut a feline-themed fragrance later this year. The singer, who has long talked of her love of cats, will release "Purr by Katy Perry" in November, which comes in a cat-shaped bottle with jeweled eyes and contains aromas of peach, apple and bamboo.
Perry is adamant she is not just following a celebrity trend by launching her own fragrance, admitting she has been busy planning the project for a year. She tells Women's Wear Daily, "There are amazing fragrances backed by other celebrities, but what I'm bringing is not like any other."
"It wasn't just like, 'I love gardenias.' That would have been the easy route. I really wanted to develop a scent that was completely unlike anything I'd smelled before and not one that smelled like a knockoff of another scent. I'd never want to do anything 'just because'..."
"I saw a lot of my peers getting into this world, and, as with my music, I thought I could bring my touch to the category and make it competitive... It just seemed logical (to launch a perfume). The hardest part was keeping it under wraps for a year during the development process. I kept wanting to tell someone!"
Perry also reveals the reasoning behind the scent's name, adding, "I'm a very lyrical-based person, and the whole 'purr' thing kept coming back - the sound is in perfume, perfect, even Perry if you say it a certain way."
More Katy Perry News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'