Gwyneth Paltrow and Bryce Dallas Howard's Advice on Baby Blues
Gwyneth Paltrow and Bryce Dallas Howard have teamed up to offer new mums advice on how to cope with post-natal depression. Paltrow battled the illness after the birth of son Moses, her second child, in 2006, while "The Village" actress Howard recently admitted she too had gone through a period of depression after she welcomed her first child, Theo, in 2007.
The pair is offering fans help with the devastating condition in Paltrow's Goop newsletter, with the Oscar winner opening up about the "darkest and most painfully debilitating" time of her life. She writes, "When my son, Moses, came into the world in 2006, I expected to have another period of euphoria following his birth, much the way I had when my daughter was born two years earlier."
"Instead I was confronted with one of the darkest and most painfully debilitating chapters of my life. For about five months I had, what I can see in hindsight as postnatal depression, and since that time, I have wanted to know more about it. Not only from a hormonal and scientific standpoint, and why so many of us experience it, but from the perspective of other women who have gone through it."
Howard goes on to reveal how she "felt nothing" at her son's arrival, and went through months of "shower breakdowns" where she would hide her emotional outbursts in the bathroom. She later admits she found Brooke Shields' book on her own struggle with post-natal depression a "revelation".
Paltrow has also enlisted the help of two female doctors to offer readers a medical analysis of the condition.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale