Billie Piper Comes Under Fire for Smoking Near Her Young Son
British actress Billie Piper has sparked outrage amongst anti-smoking campaigners after she was pictured lighting up while holding her young son. The "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" star was photographed puffing on a cigarette as she sat with her 21-month old son Winston in a pub garden in London this week.
The images, which showed the tot apparently close to a cloud of smoke, have infuriated health advocates, who are adamant that exposure to tobacco fumes puts children's health at risk. Amanda Sandford, of campaign group Action on Smoking and Health (ASH), tells WENN, "There is no doubt that second hand smoke harms children and it is inappropriate to be smoking while holding a child..."
"Second hand smoke seriously damages a child's health, raising the risk of asthma, bronchitis and chronic ear infections. The second reason is that the more a child sees adults around them, the more likely they are to try smoking themselves as they get older. Parents who quit smoking are therefore not only doing themselves a favor but their children will benefit too."
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell